Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Online dating sites

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Ever notice how these sites claim "33% more people find a mate on (insert .com here)

I think it's because people who use them are 33% more desperate.

Do you use them? Have you? WOULD YOU? My co-worker found her fiance on match.com and he's an abusive jerk who treats her daughter like crap.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I just think people are desperate when they use those sites. I know people say they found their soul mate there or whatever but I get so tired of seeing all that crap. No, I would remain single before ever getting on one of those.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I used one and that's how I found my df. It's not about being desperate its about not having time to go out or not being good face to face the first time.

Me and df have been together almost a year next month and wouldn't change it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Seekingarrangement.com I had to get me a sugardaddy lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
This Exactly. Between working 60 to 70 hour weeks and going to school full time and looking for more them what the college frat boys wanted I tried. I figured if it worked get if not Ooh well. I met dh on a dating site. We've been together for 6 years now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used one and that's how I found my df. It's not about being desperate its about not having time to go out or not being good face to face the first time.

Me and df have been together almost a year next month and wouldn't change it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I wasnt desperate and found my husband on eharmoney! Been married 4 years now with 2 kids. I was new to the area and between work and school I didnt have alot of free time to find someone. And besides, I dont want just some random guy u meet at the bar.
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Yes I did use a dating site and thank God I did. Been happily married for 5 years. He is the sweetest man I have ever met. And the only guy who has treated good. And he's a great father.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM
It's not about being desperate. I'm glad I used a dating site cause I've been very happily married for 5 years now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just think people are desperate when they use those sites. I know people say they found their soul mate there or whatever but I get so tired of seeing all that crap. No, I would remain single before ever getting on one of those.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I tried it....honestly didn't work for me but I think it has more to do with living in a small town...nobody close by was on the site and I didn't want something long distance...

I finally started seeing a guy I have been friends with for about a year. We have been dating for a month now and it has been pretty great. :)

I probably would not use them again..it was actually kind of embarrassing to me.

But I had decided to give them a try because I am very shy and as a working single mom it's hard to get out and meet someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)