Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Read the post first! Would you let the not so involved grandparents take her out to lunch unsupervised?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

My bio father (and I use the word father VERY loosely) and his wife have never really been involved in my life (showed up once a year maybe) or my daughters (they've constantly broken many promises to her to the point she went 18 months without seeing him and 10 without seeing her).  Well they actually finally showed up and came to a game a couple weeks ago. Never mind the fact that I have attempted multiple times to take her to see them.  Well they are supposed to be coming to tomorrow game.  Last night they had the nerve to ask if they could take her by themselves out to lunch, and when I said no because she has had some major allergic reactions lately and they don't know her or the signs to watch for, they acted all butt hurt.  Then a couple hours later I get a call from my cousin on that side telling me she called her asking what all I've said about them, and when she told them nothing she went off on to a rant.  Saying that I tell alyssa all the time that they don't love her (not true by the way I've never said a negative thing I let her form her own opinion) and that I still blame her for breaking my parents up (still not true my mom left him because he was an abusive ass) and that Im just nothing but a bitch!  So would you allow the trash talking not involved grandparents take her out?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Not a chance in hell. I don't let negative, unstable people in my children's lives. And if she is going to talk bad about you, then that's just another strike against them.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Absolutely NOT. They are acting like immature adolescents

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I wouldn't.  If you've made an effort to have them involved in your daughter's life and they can't be bothered and all of a sudden want to do things on their terms - no.  And you're right - if she has severe allergies that they're not familiar with,it could be dangerous for her.  I would tell them you would be happy to go to lunch with them or have them over for a meal.  But I would not let them take her out alone.  

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Even without the trash talking, I wouldn't allow it...
MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

hell no. if you arent around my kid much you dont get her unsupervised, hell no

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I would with but I have to go to work after the game and my daughter is going to my moms!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't.  If you've made an effort to have them involved in your daughter's life and they can't be bothered and all of a sudden want to do things on their terms - no.  And you're right - if she has severe allergies that they're not familiar with,it could be dangerous for her.  I would tell them you would be happy to go to lunch with them or have them over for a meal.  But I would not let them take her out alone.  

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Nope, not gonna happen even without the drama involved..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)