Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont believe in domestic infant adoption ETA 1 and 2

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 187 Replies

I don't believe in it anymore. It's a bunch of people in a business to make money off of other people's pain. SOME adoptive mothers are so desperate to get a baby they will do or say ANYTHING to get their hands on a child, then after they do they don't follow through with anything. as a BM myself I was a total idiot to believe what a few people told me. I would never do it again. I recommend keeping your child if at all possible. take it from me, it sucks. That's my statement for the day.

thanks for reading. I think most of my problem is with the system itself, and not actually adoption. I think there needs to be a lot of change with it, but thats JMO. Kudos to the many women out there who have adopted a child and kept in touch with the BM.  

change of title- i dont hate foster care or foreign adoption. im sorry to those who i offended, in particular to the anon i was rather harsh with.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theCMtroll82
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM

bump

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Meh. I don't believe in adopting from the mother because I wouldn't want her in my life. My girls were dumped on me by their father but I adopted them from the state.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
3 moms liked this
I was adopted and believe it's one of the most selfess acts a parent can do for their child. Yes it's a business so is abortion. smh
RightSock
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I am glad my in-laws adopted. I might not have met my dh if they had not. FIL is adopted.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
6 moms liked this

So it's not adoption you don't believe in, it's the system.

The system needs a MAJOR rehaul. For example, if you agree to an open adoption, the ONLY person that should be able to choose to close it should be the birth parent or the courts if they decide that the birth parents are seriously detrimental to the child.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Adoption isn't for everyone. Also def would never suggest to everyone to avoid adoption at all costs... It actually is a blessing for many... Both sides of the process.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I agree on the money making. My bf is adopted. A followup visit would have prevented a lot of the abuse he dealt with.

o.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM

did your child get placed in an abusive home?

theCMtroll82
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM

it is a blessing for some, but it was a real eye opener seeing how many blood sucking attorneys and leeches there are. they will do ANYTHING legal to make it happen.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Adoption isn't for everyone. Also def would never suggest to everyone to avoid adoption at all costs... It actually is a blessing for many... Both sides of the process.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
4 moms liked this
If my birth mom had kept me, I have no doubt I would be dead.

I was born addicted to alcohol, meth, cocaine and heroin. My adoptive mom was the one who held me as I was going through withdrawals in the hospital.

My bio mom had nothing to do with me until she needed something. Her kidneys and liver are failing from all her years of drug and alcohol abuse, and she thinks that just because she and I share DNA, that she is entitled to part of my liver. Hell no!!!!

The only people I would donate for are my adoptive parents, siblings and my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)