Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do SAHMs do it? PIOG -edit-

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this
You guys might remember when I posted about being forced into being a SAHM Link

I have been forced to stay home for about a month now and I have been miserable every single day. This is the worse I have ever felt in ever. My house is clean, my dogs are fed, everything is done and I just sit on my porch throwing balls to my dogs. I don't even take them for runs on the agility course because I can no longer afford competitions and running them just makes me realize that all my dreams are virtually crushed. I can barely afford them and earlier this morning while I was playing with my Border Collie I realized that I may have to give him up and I cried. I walked through the place where I keep my rescue dogs and I cried more because I know I will have to shut down after they are gone. I hate this. I have been trying to find work online but to no avail. I put in for SSI but that is just to pay for my half of the utilities. I can't do anything I want to. I am literally trapped at home.

How do SAHMs wirh school age kids keep themselves sane?

Edit: All of you say get a hobby but what are some absolutely free hobbies? I don't have the income to spend on stuff. If I could afford hobbies then I would keep my hobbies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
6 moms liked this
First I want to be home. I can't imagine being forced. Second, who says we're sane? I for sure am not. I have days I just want to run away and never look back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Why can't you work while your kids are at school?
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Lol. How do you stop yourself from running?

Quoting justinnaimee:

First I want to be home. I can't imagine being forced. Second, who says we're sane? I for sure am not. I have days I just want to run away and never look back.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
My Dr won't let me because of my epilepsy and the danger of being around medical equipment and animals. I want nothing more than to work. I hate having to give everything up because I can not support myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
That's a good question. I guess I really think about my life and what leaving would mean. I am lucky. I have an amazing husband and awesome kids and running would be giving them up... Pedicures alone help too.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Lol. How do you stop yourself from running?

Quoting justinnaimee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I'n sorry. :(

Do you write? You could find sites that ask you to write articles. If you're good enough you can do like 11 dollars an article(so, potiontally 11 dollars an hour)

Quoting AliKatAK47:

My Dr won't let me because of my epilepsy and the danger of being around medical equipment and animals. I want nothing more than to work. I hate having to give everything up because I can not support myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I can write. Do you have a link to one of those sites? What should I search for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you write? You could find sites that ask you to write articles. If you're good enough you can do like 11 dollars an article(so, potiontally 11 dollars an hour)

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I don't off hand. I texted my friend so hopefully she can give me the info. I think she just googled.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I can write. Do you have a link to one of those sites? What should I search for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

You can find a lot more to do when youre not whining

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Because being a housewife is something I wanted also. A woman should have a choice in the matter. Staying home isnt for everyone.

However since you are at home you might want to consider volunteering at school,or even taking the dogs on the agility course even tho you cant compete at this time.

Keep busy, make a schedule and keep to it.

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)