Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH tips the flirty waitress' the most.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you think that a female waitress should make eye contact primarily with the female at the table if a couple is being waited on?

Options:

Yes

No

Idgaf

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 476

View Results

Last night my DH and I went out to a fancy steakhouse for our valentines dinner. I noticed that our waitress made eye contact with me the majority of the time and I really appreciated that. Most of the time when we go out to restaraunts the female waitresses will speak primarily to my DH and I find that a bit rude. I understand that the men usually fit the bill and the tip, but seriously!?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I have ever noticed who gets more eye contact.
OompaLover6969
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
8 moms liked this
I don't pay much attention to stuff like that.
Though, once.... I asked DH to tip the waitress kindly, because she had a nice rack. ^_^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never really noticed.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

waitresses get bigger tips when they flirt with me because dh finds that amazingly hot.   they also get great tips if they are professional and just keep the drinks filled,  serve the food when its fresh,   and are polite.   so flirting isnt required,   but if she flirts with him or if a male flirts with me - it seriously hurts their tip.    we find that rude to an established married couple.    its a double edged sword and you never know how the customer will take it so i would be really careful with flirting if that was my job.   

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I haven't noticed anythng like this before..............BUT now I will be looking for this to happen, since you brought it up lol....thanks OP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I never pay attention! I don't get upset when women look or talk to my husband. I guess, I am not insure as most of the women on here.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I've never really paid attention. But once I went on a lunch date with a guy I was dating and the waitress sat down next to him while I was in the restroom to talk to him. I could've punched her in the throat!

melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I served tables for 7 years and I tried to look at everyone at the table, even the kids who esp. if they were little I always talked to them and gushed over them!!  That is just how I am though, very friendly and talkative!!  I usually talked to the women too, just depended on who talked back!!  Of course I could tell when people wanted to be left alone, so those people I did not try and make conversation with, just took care of them and left them alone!

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I actually notice things like this when we go out and I appreciate it when the server does not show preference to either of us.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
This exactly. I'm usually the one who comments on the waitress' appearance first. They can make eye contact all they want, doesn't bother me at all.

Quoting OompaLover6969:

I don't pay much attention to stuff like that.

Though, once.... I asked DH to tip the waitress kindly, because she had a nice rack. ^_^

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)