Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH tips the flirty waitress' the most.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think that a female waitress should make eye contact primarily with the female at the table if a couple is being waited on?

Options:

Yes

No

Idgaf

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 476

View Results

Last night my DH and I went out to a fancy steakhouse for our valentines dinner. I noticed that our waitress made eye contact with me the majority of the time and I really appreciated that. Most of the time when we go out to restaraunts the female waitresses will speak primarily to my DH and I find that a bit rude. I understand that the men usually fit the bill and the tip, but seriously!?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
kngarber
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I've never had that happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Ill NEVER forget a waitress once named Casey. She flirted with me so hard that I was surprised she didn't put her number on the receipt. My husband tipped her very well. Best waitress we have ever had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyrinM
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM

They're barking up the wrong tree if they make that mistake.  I determine the tip when we go out & any waitress who flirts with DH & ignores me is in big trouble.  I had one so busy flirting with my DH once that she forgot to fill my water glass while she was filling his, mine was empty.  She not only did not get a tip, but I reported her rude behavior to her manager.  She no longer works there as apparently that was not the first time.  DH was obilvious, I love him so much, he only knew the waitress pissed me off, but he missed the flirting & the water glass thing...I love that he is clueless when other women come on to him.  LOL!

krissy920
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I like whomever is speaking with me to make eye contact with me. If that person is speaking to my husband id expect them to make eye contact with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Eh. I never really notice. At my job I have to talk with couples a lot. I tend to speak most with the person who seems to be the mouthpiece for the couple if you know what I mean.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Mine wouldn't know she was flirting with him unless she put a bare boob in his face.  I think it's funny as hell.  Sometimes I will pay for dinner out and when the waitress flirts with him thinking she's going to get a bigger tip, I've told them he's not the one paying the bill so maybe you're flirting with the wrong one...........lol

KyrinM
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I don't usually have an issue either, but when they are being very blantant & I am sitting right fucking there, I feel it is beyond rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never pay attention! I don't get upset when women look or talk to my husband. I guess, I am not insure as most of the women on here.

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

The waitresses almost always flirt with dh. It never bugs me. I know hes hot. And hes mine. Ive been a waitress....flirting is how the tips come in better. That said, dh always tip 20%.......... so flirting isnt needed lol

TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my hubs when he was waiting tables at Ihop. He was flirty with customers on purpose for bigger tips. Even after we got serious he would shmooze his female customers whenever he could. Hey, it got the bills paid.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I've never even noticed before and I used to wait on tables.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN