Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! My daughter wont eat.

Posted by   + Show Post
Dd is 7 months old. Her first tooth is breaking through and she refuses any type of baby food. She only wants cold bottles or those little cookies, which imo even though they say seven months she's still too little. She's not very good at chewing them and I'm afraid she'll choke.

I've tried warming and chilling the food. I tried breaking the teething cookie up into smaller pieces, but nothing seems to be working.

I am nervous about giving her formula for everytime she is hungry bc I've been told over 40oz a day can give them too many vitamins and dd without eating any food will want an 8oz bottle every 2 hours during the day and every 4hrs at night so that it well over 40 oz a day.

Has anyone gone through this with their kids when they were younger? I desperate for suggestions lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-27):
areyouatroll
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Normal.... and baby food is gross, I don't blame her.
Hayleysmom88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a very structured scheduled woman lol. My sister basically said the same thing as you. It's gonna take a lot of practice to get used to just doing whatever works. I've always been a little nuts that way if something doesn't go exactly how I planned I freak out lol. I kinda knew I was gonna have to work on that when I had kids haha!

Quoting Maevelyn:

Welcome to "whatever works" mode. 

Hayleysmom88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Lol really? I sneak bites all the time. Puree meat is gross, ill give you that.

Quoting areyouatroll:

Normal.... and baby food is gross, I don't blame her.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
All she needs is formula, solids are for fun at this age, NOT to meet nutritional requirements.
ARK0501
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Those were the BEST!!!!! My youngest loved frozen peach slices in his when he was teething.

Quoting Anonymous:

I found the mesh feeder things at target. Ds loved frozen stuff when he was teething so I would pop frozen fruits and veggies in them and he would go to town on them.

http://m.target.com/p/munchkin-fresh-food-feeder-2pk/-/A-13991507

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
  • The rice rusks i found at kmart but im sure other places have them to, but its called baby num-num rice rusks. And the teething tabs are at walgreens hylands baby teething tabs. they just melt in the baby's mouth.  good luck, its no fun when babys are getting teeth.

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

What are rice rucks and teething tablets? This sounds like a good option. Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Try rice rusks. when ds was getting teeth he would not take a bottle very well so i would have rice rusks and a frozen bagel for him to chomp on. then he would take the bottle because his mouth was numb. Teething tabs helped as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM
it is possible to relactate

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Oh ok let me tell my boobs they need to start lactating again. I'll let you know how that works.

Quoting Anonymous:

breastmilk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)