Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My daughter wont eat.

Posted by   + Show Post
Dd is 7 months old. Her first tooth is breaking through and she refuses any type of baby food. She only wants cold bottles or those little cookies, which imo even though they say seven months she's still too little. She's not very good at chewing them and I'm afraid she'll choke.

I've tried warming and chilling the food. I tried breaking the teething cookie up into smaller pieces, but nothing seems to be working.

I am nervous about giving her formula for everytime she is hungry bc I've been told over 40oz a day can give them too many vitamins and dd without eating any food will want an 8oz bottle every 2 hours during the day and every 4hrs at night so that it well over 40 oz a day.

Has anyone gone through this with their kids when they were younger? I desperate for suggestions lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jstoddard98
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless she starts drastically dropping weight I wouldn't worry. My pedi said they won't starve themselves. My dd is 17 months and she is a terrible eater- but her weight is great so I don't let myself worry.  Plus if your dd is drinking 40 ounces of formula  I would say it's safe to assume she is getting enough nutritionally that her growth won't be compromised.  My dd hardly ate any food until she was a year- I always went with the idea that food is fun until 1. 

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

I'm an adult. Although I can't remember the last time I had a toothache. I am not concerned with me getting the proper daily nutrients to grow lol. I feel like its not as big of a deal if I didn't eat for a day or two

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mouth hurts. How much food do you eat when you have a tooth ache? 

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to "whatever works" mode. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Try rice rusks. when ds was getting teeth he would not take a bottle very well so i would have rice rusks and a frozen bagel for him to chomp on. then he would take the bottle because his mouth was numb. Teething tabs helped as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

breastmilk

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you doing any kind of pain medication?  If not, I'd ask the doctor about the option.

As for the rest, I'd try to feed her as normal.  When she is hungry, she WILL eat some.  She might not eat as much as normal, but babies are not capable of starving themselves.  (Extreme circumstances exist, but probably not in your home...)

renner450
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Hylands teething tablets.
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

If your worried about her choking I suggest buying these.You can find them at Walmart and other stores.

Hayleysmom88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM
We have one too she loves it those things are awesome. Doesnt fill her up unfortunately. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I found the mesh feeder things at target. Ds loved frozen stuff when he was teething so I would pop frozen fruits and veggies in them and he would go to town on them.

http://m.target.com/p/munchkin-fresh-food-feeder-2pk/-/A-13991507

Hayleysmom88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Oh ok let me tell my boobs they need to start lactating again. I'll let you know how that works.

Quoting Anonymous:

breastmilk

Hayleysmom88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM
What are rice rucks and teething tablets? This sounds like a good option. Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Try rice rusks. when ds was getting teeth he would not take a bottle very well so i would have rice rusks and a frozen bagel for him to chomp on. then he would take the bottle because his mouth was numb. Teething tabs helped as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured