Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh saw me at my absolute worst yesterday (long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yesterday on our way home, this lovely migraine that had been supressed by meds started to rear its ugly head. Normal for me. I told dh I was already over my limit on OTC pain pills for the day but I had no choice, I needed more. He was a little upset, but he knows (or thought he knew) how bad they can get.

He dropped us off and went to drop the car off with its owner. He was gone maybe 25-30 minutes. I walked in the door, popped the meds, drank maybe half a red bull (for those stuck on this - caffiene helps migraines for the most part, that is why it is in almost all migraine meds OTC) and sat on the couch. Kids started screaming, made them go upstairs and watch tv as I was rocking back at forth. About 15 mins after getting home, I broke. Called dh, only thing I said was "home. Now." And hung up. Told my 5 yr old dd to keep her brother (2) in the room with her and for no reason were they to leave until Daddy got home.

I could barely see straight. Ran into the bathroom, turned on the night light, threw the shower on the hottest I could stand it, and I cried. Hard core screaming and crying because it hurt. So. Bad.

When dh came home, ds ran into the bathroom, I just kept saying get out through the tears. I have never in my life contemplated suicide.. but I completely understand *why* they are called suicide headaches. I sat there heating up the water until it wouldnt get any warmer. Banged on the floor to get dh to come upstairs. Inliterally could not move on my own. I was sitting on the floor like a baby, head in my hands. I had thrown up in the shower twice already. Dh came in and said.. oh baby.. Ive never heard him sound more heartbroken.

Dh tried to help me up.. I started to throw up on myself again. At this point, I couldnt even move enough to make sure I wasnt puking in my own lap. Dh got the shower head and started cleaning me off while holding my head forward some. I kept muttering hospital. He got a towel and helped me out of the shower when I finally stopped dry heaving. Took me to the bedroom. Tried calling people to come sit with the kids so he could take me to the ER. I laid back to wait and apparently I passed out. He helped me on my side and put a trashcan next to the bed.

He said this morning he has never seen me so bad. He kept checking on me throughout the night to make sure I was still breathing and okay. I woke up at 5 am to him and ds passed out on the couch.

I feel like shit that our Valentines day was ruined. I havent had a migraine bad enough to make me beg for the hospital in YEARS. They get bad enough and I go but I havent begged. Dh has never seen me that bad off.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
You poor woman :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I sympathize completely! Its such a miserable feeling. I hope you are feeling better today and don't worry about ruining vday. I'm sure your husband understands.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl

Oh man. I know those headaches. All too well. They suck ass. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Hell, my doc even had my wisdom teeth pulled because he thought the pressure on my jaw was contributing. It did SHIT to help with the pain. Now when I get them, I just buckle in and wait. It's all I can do. 

luvmy2kids3262

I'm so sorry. I've had migranes but never that bad. Have you seen a doctor to see if there may be something you can take to avoid them or at least lessen the symptoms?

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I feel your pain. I had one of those a work. Only time I've ever insisted on leaving. I was on the floor in the back in this strange balled up position with my head like underneath my chest. I looked like I was in mid-somersault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
That's awful. I'm thankful I don't get migraines after reading this. I feel bad for you :((
LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Awwww....I get migranes every once in a while. Mine are bad enough where I wouldnt wish them on my worst enemy. But they are NO WHERE near that bad :( I hope you feel better

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM

My mother gets bad migraines like that....it's horrible.  I'm glad you had your husband there to help, you got yourself a good one :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I get them bad but I can deal with it for the most part.. this was hell on earth. I literally wanted to die.

I have a pineal cyst that may or may not be the cause of them. Its a toss up. They put me on imitrex but now with no job I have no insurance tohelp cover the costs and Imitrex is way way expensive.

Quoting luvmy2kids3262:

I'm so sorry. I've had migranes but never that bad. Have you seen a doctor to see if there may be something you can take to avoid them or at least lessen the symptoms?

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Im sorry. I am in the middle of trying to figure ouyt why I have headaches but they wont do a scan..
I hope you feel better today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)