Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School loans

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Two years ago I was attending college worked two jobs living on my own, then I broke my ankle found out I was prego and basically my goals were put on hold. Then I became a stay at home mom, living in a apt with my SO trying to make ends meet. My school loan bills started coming in. And now I'm just terrified for my future. My old goals turned into new goal so I'll finish my education in a tech school for dental asst. At times I feel I will struggle for the rest of my life just trying to pay off the loans alone. My plan would only be making the monthly payments and whichever has the lowest interest each year give my tax refund to one of the loans.
-Does any one have advise on thissss!!! And how not to stress out!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM
BUMP
other_mother
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Student loans will usually work with you on modifying payments to amount that can be afforded. They also can be put on deferment. This can change if you used a private lender, but usually they will work with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm on a deferment now. And I believe the lowest I was able to get was 83 on one and 103 on the other 3
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I have mine on deferrment as well, but I have also negotiated lower rates. I think it depends on how many "smaller" loans make up the bigger loan. I can only suggest talking to them. They don't want you to default on your loan; they are actually quite helpful.

I feel your pain... I owe almost $40,000 in loans and I feel like I am never going to get out from them. Just try to stay "current" though, whether through deferrments or whatever. Don't let them default. My husband did on his and they garnished my tax return as a result :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN