Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Would You Do If School Staff Pulled Down Your Childs Pants?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 47 Replies

School Staff Pulls Down Students' Pants and 'Checks Them' to Solve Gym Prank (VIDEO)

nurse clark

I want you to imagine for a moment: Your elementary school-aged child comes home in the afternoon and tells you that, at school that day, he or she had their pants pulled down and their butt inspected for feces. I know, it's completely insane, but this actually allegedly happened at a school in Pineland, Texas. Apparently, feces had been found on the floor in the gymnasium on numerous occasions -- and teachers and staff were unable to figure out who the culprit was -- so they marched all the kids into the nurse's office, pulled down their pants, and yep, checked them.

One account says that the school nurse "basically pulled the kids' pants down or out." Wes Little, a father of one of the student's said: "My kid came home and told me his butt had been inspected at the elementary school for feces. And he said he was embarrassed by the whole situation." But another account -- IE, the account by the principal and superintendent -- is downplaying what happened, saying, "No pants were pulled down past the buttocks, that they were merely pulled away at the waistline and peeked in to see if there was any feces." Superintendent Mike Pate added: "We've all been examined by nurses. I do think it is appropriate in certain situations."

Okay, examined by nurses, yes. When there's actually something wrong. A bunch of innocent little kids were just completely violated, because the faculty wanted to know who was pooping on the floor! Is it right that someone keeps doing this? Absolutely not! But even if you've exhausted all your options, you don't pull a kid's pants down to solve a case! Imagine how their parents must feel. I mean, what would you do if this happened to your child?

Personally, I don't know how I'd react. Right now, my daughter's still a baby, but I know the thought of this happening to her puts my stomach in knots. This is not okay. And quite frankly, this is just weird. Who would even think to do this?

Wes Little says he's still unsure if he'll take the matter before the board or state officials. As of now, he said that  by making the incident public, he's hoping it will keep it from happening again.

Um, yeah. I'd say. This incident should have never happened in the first place.

What would you do if this was your kid?

Video Here

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't think it would bother me given the circumstance.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
5 moms liked this

I would raise a stink.  It doesn't matter if they were nurses or not, if I as the parent wasn't asked for permission then you are NOT looking at my kid's butt.  The reason why schools think this is okay is because parents in large numbers just put up with it.  If huge groups of parents started protesting, and loudly, when this crap went down, schools would back off.  I think it's terrible. 

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

That's just weird. As long as it was by a nurse I wouldn't be mad necessarily, but I would think it was strange.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I think they should have asked first. Or got more eyes in the gym to watch for the pooper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Down or out I don't give a F, that is NOT okay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
They didnt pull them DOWN. They just pulled them out and looked down them to see if anyone soiled themselves. Like you would when checking a babys diaper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
No ones going t0 pull my childs pants down, and get away with it. I dont care the circumstances, call the parent's! !
JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Down or out, NEITHER would happen to my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Some people act like they never had a nurse check their kid out.
Over reaction!
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I think not. If I as a parent was not contacted and did not give my permission, I'd be raising hell. School board media lawyers. That was a complete violation of appropriate boundaries, it was out of line.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)