Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Banning Gays from Prom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
http://www.my719moms.com/news/high-school-students-want-to-have-traditional-prom-and-ban-gay-students/

This is just fucking wrong.

I am mobile and cant make it clicky

Here is the article

Students, parents, and even a teacher in Indiana are hoping their high school will have a "traditional" prom. They want to ban gay students from coming to the prom.

According to NBC 2/My Wabash Valley the teacher defending the students and parents had this to say about homosexual students:"Homosexual students come to me with their problems, and I don't agree with them, but I care about them. It's the same thing with my special needs kids; I think God puts everyone in our lives for a reason." She said she doesn't believe that gay people have a "purpose in life. "Sorry, but I don't ... A gay person isn't going to come up and make some change unless it's to realize that it was a choice and they're choosing God."

One local student said, "We want to make the public see that we love the homosexuals, but we don't think it's right nor should it be accepted."

On the opposite side of the controversy, there are many people who support the LGBT students at the Indiana school. A Facebook page, "Support The Sullivan High School Prom For All Students," which had 1,000 likes last night, has over 25,000 likes as of this morning.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
That is just wrong!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

People really need to get over this. So your kids are so delicate and unable to cope with different kinds of people that they can't even have them at the prom? It's not like they have to interact, or will even be around them most of the night. 

Jemmy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
What the ever living fuck? "We love homosexuals but don't think its right or think they should be accepted" uhhh....
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
People piss me off. I hate this sort of behavior.
AshleySail
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
It's wrong and discrimination.
I wod not stand for that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I really just want to smack the teacher they quoted. I mean really, gays cant make any contribution to society? Seriously? Uggh

Quoting tarakay0417:

That is just wrong!

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Thats just sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM
That's wrong. Even in 1993 my school "allowed" a lesbian couple to come together. BTW they are still together today
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I'm for the traditional prom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I hope they sue for discrimination

Quoting AshleySail:

It's wrong and discrimination.

I wod not stand for that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)