Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We have the worst luck I swear!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

DH was driving to work this morning and he has to leave early (5:30am) so it was really dark. He was driving along and the car in front of him swerved and hit a dog (he said it was probably the size of a great dane) then the dog went flying into DH's car. The other car just left didn't even care. DH tried to find the dog but he couldn't, so he doesn't know if it had been killed or not. He said it was so dark he couldn't see a thing. But after getting to work he looked at his car during lunch and noticed the bottom rubber part of the bumper was cracked and the radiator is dented pretty badly. We were just about to trade in the car and now were not going to be able to. Worst of all its like were at fault because we have to now foot the bill.. this sucks!! :( We were trying to trade it in for a larger car because were expanding our family. We both feel bad for the dog though and hope its ok but its sad that some irresponsible owner just let it run out the middle of the road like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
How is it you alls fault? Anytime anyone hits an animal normally the insurance covers it.
EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Well that blows! I feel bad for y'all and the dog. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How is it you alls fault? Anytime anyone hits an animal normally the insurance covers it.

They will but it will be a $500 deductible and the damage is going to be right around that so we will have to foot the bill. We were already having to pay for damaged to the rear driver side wheel well where someone with a red car hit it and now we have to pay for this too. We just cant catch a break! It's like DH's car is a hit and run magnet. Someone also hit his door with theirs and we had to fix that a while back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Quoting EmBoogRaysMommy:

Well that blows! I feel bad for y'all and the dog. :(

Ya we hope the dog is still alive. DH thinks maybe thats why he couldnt find it because it got up and left?? But it was so hard to tell with as dark as it was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM

it'll pass love!! i felt that way about me and dh for years...it was like every time we were trying to move forward or something good happened, something else would happen to completely turn our lives upside down. But lately our luck has gone the other way (knock on wood just in case lol) the hard times will pass mama, no worries! just try and stay positive!!! <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
You all need to redo your insurance they have cheaper deductibles then that.

Ik with mine if anything happens we pay 50 bucks and that's it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

They will but it will be a $500 deductible and the damage is going to be right around that so we will have to foot the bill. We were already having to pay for damaged to the rear driver side wheel well where someone with a red car hit it and now we have to pay for this too. We just cant catch a break! It's like DH's car is a hit and run magnet. Someone also hit his door with theirs and we had to fix that a while back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

it'll pass love!! i felt that way about me and dh for years...it was like every time we were trying to move forward or something good happened, something else would happen to completely turn our lives upside down. But lately our luck has gone the other way (knock on wood just in case lol) the hard times will pass mama, no worries! just try and stay positive!!! <3

Thank you! Im glad things are turning around for y'all :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If we do it will shoot our premiums up sky high :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Not if you shop around first.

We have full coverage on both the car and truck and have full insurance on the house and everything inside costs us only

140 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

If we do it will shoot our premiums up sky high :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

1.  It is NOT a good idea EVER to chase after an injured animal.  If you hit a dog and it runs off, you should call the Humane Society or local police department so they can track the animal down.  Injured animals can react in a variety of ways, and many of those are dangerous.  Also, you dont' know if the animal has a disease, so if you DO get a scratch or bite, rabies shots all around!
2.  I'm sorry about the car.  Did you have insurance?  Have you called yet?  I know my insurance I'd only have to pay a small deductible for an instance like that.  And I'd still talk to the car dealership if insurance falls through.  You might not get as much for the trade in, but they might still take it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN