Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your in laws?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have a favorite grandchild? My mil has about 30 pics of my niece to one of my kids. I unsubscribed to her news feed because I think she's rude lol

I think it's even more rude that she also calls me all the time to tell me how great my niece is or will text me pictures of her doing the most boring things. Like watching tv
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (11-17):
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:36 PM
No, they make sure they treat all their grandchildren equally. My BIL and SIL have two girls, and hubby and I have a boy and a girl. They love them all equally, although I do think they have a soft spot for my son because he's their first and only grandson.
 photo darkprincesscassandra_zps5228b984.png
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Yes.

My son and my niece are 4 1/2 months apart in age.  I'd been married to her son for 13 years and gone through miscarriages and infertility by the time he came along.  Yet my neice who was a "I'm going to get pregnant so he won't leave baby" is the favored child.

There some other major issues with my MIL so we've since cut her off-but yes, my niece is the golden child.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM

We only have contact with one of our kids grandmother (I adopted my stepson, she is his biological maternal grandmother) and he's her only grandchild. Our kids are my parents and my husband's parents only grandkids, but we don't have contact with them. We do have some contact with my husband's father, he is closer to his stepgrandkids than he is with our kids, his biological grandkids, but they live closer to him, right down the street, grew up around him, and their parents grew up around him, so it makes sense and is understandable that he would be closer to them and pays more attention to them since he's only met our kids a couple times. Does she have the opportunity to spend more time around your niece?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM
We all live in the same town

Quoting LucyHarper:

We only have contact with one of our kids grandmother (I adopted my stepson, she is his biological maternal grandmother) and he's her only grandchild. Our kids are my parents and my husband's parents only grandkids, but we don't have contact with them. We do have some contact with my husband's father, he is closer to his stepgrandkids than he is with our kids, his biological grandkids, but they live closer to him, right down the street, grew up around him, and their parents grew up around him, so it makes sense and is understandable that he would be closer to them and pays more attention to them since he's only met our kids a couple times. Does she have the opportunity to spend more time around your niece?

CheesyKitty
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM
My mil has 10 grandkids. Whom ever is the youngest gets most attn lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Yep but then again sil is her favorite and what sil says goes so of course sil's kid is treated the same way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I don't know that they have a favorite, but they spend the most time with my DD. They have 3 others, 2 who live 3 hrs away and 1 who lives here in town.

I make a big effort to include them, inviting them for dinner, spending time with them on their days off, etc. My sil/bil in town usually use my in-laws as babysitters when they need them. My out of town sil/bil do the same, expect them to drive 3 hrs to babysit for a weekend or whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)