Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Judge this Mom

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 108 Replies

I know you all love to judge so here you go.

The other day at strong start (its like preschool for 0-5 but its free and parents attend). This lady has this 6 month old, he is super tiny first off but I know she is breastfeeding and sometimes they can be smaller. Her son however is covered head to toe in terrible eczema. Bleeding sore miserable looking :(

I was talking to her and mentioned I had a similar issue with my one son. I tried everything with no success, she said she had also and even stuff like coconut oil, aveno etc, made it worse. That now she was spending money on this expensive prescription cream with limit results (a cortisone cream). She asked me what helped my son and I told her switching to cloth diapers, that once I went to cloth his eczema totally disappeared and once I tried using them again while camping and he broke out. She looked skeptical but did admit he seems worse with certain brands of diapers so it could be the problem.

She then said she would never do cloth because she hates laundry.

Thoughts?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveyCakes
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Judge for what?

raye-chan
by Raye on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Not my place to judge honestly. As nice as it is to cloth diaper, there are just some people who just can't handle the thought of it. But, if she at least seemed somewhat interested even if the laundry part puts her off, show her some of your cloth diapers and go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Sad she's not willing to wash a few diapers to help her baby:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM

If it's head to toe how much of a difference could a cloth diaper make?  I'm not bashing or looking to be bashed...honestly is it like a full body rash reaction or what?

acaisha
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM

that her son is covered with bleeding eczema and the only thing stopping her from helping him is a couple of extra loads of laundry a week?

Quoting LoveyCakes:

Judge for what?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM

If my baby was suffering I would do it. . .that being said after working in a nursing home that used cloth diapers I do not want to see another poopy clothe diaper in my life lol

acaisha
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM

it does make a difference.. here I can show you photos of how my son was.. it wasn't even as bad as her son because I never let it get that bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's head to toe how much of a difference could a cloth diaper make?  I'm not bashing or looking to be bashed...honestly is it like a full body rash reaction or what?

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have recommended she try a diaper service then. There are services out there that take your dirties and bring clean cloths, so you get all the benefits of cloth without the laundry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM

she dont deserve him.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM

If my kid needs me to do extra laundry I do extra laundry. It's worth it to make your kid comfortable.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)