Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever thought of gearing up for an apocalypse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you thought of preparing for an apocalypse?

Options:

Yes, we have thought about it.

Yep, already stocked and ready to go.

Nope, not worried about it

No, but maybe I should?

Other-because there is ALWAYS an other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

With all the zombie posts, shows and internet stuff I can't help but wonder this. Would you ever think of gearing up for an apocolypse? Not just zombie's but any type, whether it be chemical warfare or any other type of disaster which would force you into survival mode. DH and I have thought many times of stocking up our basement with water, non-perishable food items, cleaning supplies, medical treatments,guns, ammo and other survival things. I even want DH to teach me to shoot, he is a former marine so no worries about him having to shoot. I know zombies are VERY unlikely but even in the case of chemical warfare or such preparing is a GOOD thing. Have you thought about it? Done it? If so, tell us what you have stocked up and how you have prepared.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Zombies are not fucking real.

We keep a supply of food and fuel because of natural disasters that can occur but nothing in world ending proportions.

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Storm and power outage preparedness is a good idea.  We had no power for 6 weeks due to hurricane Rita.

I have a hand pump for the well, containers for water storage, non-perishable foods, most of which can be eaten with little preperation, cast iron pots for cooking on fire, extra of all meds, first aid equipment, diapers, clothes for rough weather, solar powered flashlight/radio/phone charger, bleach, reference books (gardening, natural medicines, safe "outhouse" practices, food prep, etc), fuel for vehicle, some more too......

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The undead kind? Of course not, but the CDC has reports of 2 countries with zombie like tendencies. One bug takes over your brain, impairs mobility and causes an insatiable appetite. The other, the Kuru virus, causes poor coordination, personality changes, loss of speech, open sores and a cannibalistic like nature. Hmmmm....

Quoting Anonymous:

Zombies are not fucking real.

We keep a supply of food and fuel because of natural disasters that can occur but nothing in world ending proportions.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM
No. I'm not sure I would WANT to survive an apocalypse to be honest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Lol, no.

o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I really don't think I'd want to live through an apocalypse....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM

LOL, I am a survivor.

Quoting o.O....:

tsbarnes
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Ahhhh freaky!!! But really interesting!

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Kuru actually results from cannibalism in the first place, specifically from eating brains. Don't eat human brains, you won't get kuru.

o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Meh. Not much quality of life to look forward to. But if something happens good luck to you madam.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I am a survivor.

Quoting o.O....:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)