Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How to stop my legs from bleeding when I shave???!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Every time I shave my legs bleed like a stuck pig. I have tried every razor, a bunch of creams, and even just shaving with conditioner. I still bleed and get painful razor bumps. I have to shave every day or every couple days because I'm required to wear a skirt to work and my legs are alwas visible.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Stop cutting yourself.

Problem solved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Use nair, or that veet stuff. No blade, no cutting.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I have never bled but  used to get really painful razor bumps too until I switched to coochie ceam. You can buy it at most adult stores. It works great. Are you too heavy handed when you shave? Maybe that could be causing the bleeding?

dawnjohnson5
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Beat me to it. Lol

Quoting atyou:

Stop cutting yourself.

Problem solved.
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting atyou:

Stop cutting yourself.

Problem solved.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Wax. It'll last longer too.
skittlefart
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Get an $11 or more razor instead of a bag full of disposables. That helped me greatly. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

How to Shave Your Legs With an Electric Razor

How to Shave Your Legs With an Electric Razor thumbnail
Electric razors can give you a nick-free shave.

Electric razors are convenient and can give you a nick-free shave. They also spare you the cost of purchasing bag after bag of disposable razors, whose quality may leave you with razor burns or cuts. However, close shaves are difficult to achieve with electric razors, and it is easy to find yourself disappointed with your results. Fortunately, with some simple preparation and technique, you can give yourself an even shave that leaves your legs smooth, even when using an electric razor. Does this Spark an idea?

Things You'll Need

• Shaving foam, shaving gel or soap
  • Electric razor
  • Lotion

Instructions

Take a hot shower, or soak in a hot bath for several minutes. This will open your pores to allow a closer shave.

Lather shaving foam, shaving gel or soap on your legs to give your razor a smooth shaving surface and prevent razor burn.

Shave your lower leg from bottom to top by dragging your electric razor delicately from just above your ankle to just below your knee. Unlike with disposable razors, with an electric razor you can safely press down a little without fear of nicking yourself. Pull skin taut with the fingers of your free hand if you need a closer shave. Shave in long, slow strokes, working your way all the way around your lower leg. Repeat if necessary.

Shave your knee cap by bending your leg, so your knee is a smooth corner. Shave from one side of the knee to the other, working your razor all the way over the bump of your knee.

Shave your thigh in long, smooth strokes, working your way all the way around your thigh as you did before with your lower leg.

Rinse your legs thoroughly with cool water.

Apply lotion to your legs to moisturize them.

Tips & Warnings

• If you have sensitive skin, avoid fragranced lotions for your legs after shaving, as fragrances may cause skin irritation.

Read more: How to Shave Your Legs With an Electric Razor | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5974885_shave-legs-electric-razor.html#ixzz2Kzp51kbz

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Don't press so hard when you shave.
ittybit2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Buy a better razor. I exfoliate before shaving my legs too. Works wonders.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)