Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think "daddy daughter dances" are creepy (edit)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't mean just a dad dancing with his daughter spontaneously listening to music at home or a wedding or party or something.  That alone isn't creepy.  But where I live they seem to advertise these a lot as an event thing (called sappy things like "sweethearts ball" where dads get tickets and dress up and have a "date" with their daughter.  That weirds me out.

Yes I am super sensitive because I have unfortunately seen too many cases of sex abuse, so it gives me a wary mindset, but  the truth is it *is* a problem sometimes and in some families and I really don't like any kind of romantic overtones pushed or encouraged with dads and daughters.

If it was even a family dance where everyone could come and boogie it wouldn't bother me so much...but they get so weird with it here, imo.  Thoughts?

EDIT:  Not that this will stop the bashers and people who seem to relish calling me sick and taunt me about how I must have been abused (nice guys!) but no I don't think everyone who goes to these is a child molester waiting to happen.  I just find it creepy how its promoted.  But now I also find it creepy how if you even suggest something weirds you out you get totally torn apart and mocked for possible abuse in your past.  Wow thanks guys!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (141-144):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:20 PM
I think they're creepy too but I was sexually abused as a child so you can't go by me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM
I think they're creepy too lol
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM

There was a daddy daughter dance at my elementary school, my dad was encouraged to take us but was utterly creeped out when people acted like it was a dance and not a bunch of dads giving their wives a night off while they compared the cuteness of their kids dancing the hokey pokey.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:25 PM

did/do you have daddy issues?

I went to father daughter dance and i loved it! i see nothing wrong with it at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN