Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I call bullsh**.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
2 moms liked this

I not going to say which post, if you know, you know.

Buuut.

In Canada, a citizen doesn't "press charges".  If police are called THEY decide, and the CROWN (or DA in the states) decide whether or not to proceed.  Citizens don't get a say in this lol

RCMP are police officers.  THEY don't get to cut deals or make diverted sentances like asking someone to take anger management, the crown again does that.

Finger printing and pictures are done at time of arrest, or can even be done months later after conviction.Some things are just not adding up and sound suspiciously like something seen on tv, which features American prosecutorial procedures.  And probably not even that accurately.

So I call bullshit.

And yes, I do know, because Ive been arrested several times and I studied basic law procedures to become a paralegal.

**yes I was arrested, no Im not proud of it, I was an idiot teen who used to spray paint stuff.  I regret it but i happens and because of it I know how things work a bit better than some.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Lol yep you are all knowing arent you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

BUMPITY BUMPITY BUMPITY BUMP.

NiCo86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM
3 moms liked this

blank stareyup, i missed something!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

not surprising....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

no, but I am Canadian, and I know our law, and it doesnt work the way it was described in a certain other post.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Lol yep you are all knowing arent you?

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

precious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Buuut.

In Canada, a citizen doesn't "press charges".  If police are called THEY decide, and the CROWN (or DA in the states) decide whether or not to proceed.  Citizens don't get a say in this lol

RCMP are police officers.  THEY don't get to cut deals are make diverted sentances like asking someone to take anger management, the crown again does that.

Finger printing and pictures are done at time of arrest, or can even be done months later after conviction.Some things are just not adding up and sound suspiciously like something seen on tv, which features American prosecutorial procedures.  And probably not even that accurately.

So I call bullshit.

And yes, I do know, because Ive been arrested several times and I studied basic law procedures to become a paralegal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM
7 moms liked this
Cops in america do not cut deals either, nor do they deal with sentencing. DAs do that, and they definitely dont do it the night charges are pressed.

I called bull shit the moment she said they made a report and he was sentenced that same night to anger managment but they will wipe it off his record if he completes the classes
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM
5 moms liked this
Those damn American born Canadians. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah me too. Even in the USA it can take months if not years to get charged and convicted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cops in america do not cut deals either, nor do they deal with sentencing. DAs do that, and they definitely dont do it the night charges are pressed.

I called bull shit the moment she said they made a report and he was sentenced that same night to anger managment but they will wipe it off his record if he completes the classes

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Im not proud of it, but I was an asshole teenager, so I know about diverted sentances in particular.  I used to think it was cool to tag things.  I know, idiotic and Im glad I grew up.  I only mention it to show that I do know about these things.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

precious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Buuut.

RCMP are police officers.  THEY don't get to cut deals are make diverted sentances like asking someone to take anger management, the crown again does that.

So I call bullshit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured