Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update! I finally got the pictures!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
I posted a few days ago about my bd parents not sending me pictures two months ago like we agreed.

The social worker finally got ahold of them on Wednesday. She reminded them of the legal agreement we made and asked that they get the pictures to me asap. The mother had her attorney call the adoption agency and in the end, my email address was given. Bd mom emailed me a few pictures last night. She didn't say anything about why the delay. Just the attachment. I really don't care, just glad I got the pictures and we didn't have to take it further.
the social worker was apologetic, but I realize it wasn't her fault. I'm just happy that bd seems happy and well cared for.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Bump!
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Good for you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
11 moms liked this

that poor woman.  I would hate to raise my child with a social worker and some incubator constantly in the wings.

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I remember your post.

I think your relationship with them is going to go downhill.  Regardless of why...it's going to.

~~JeezuzTitz!  We ain't got time for krazee!!~~

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
She shouldn't have agreed to it!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

that poor woman.  I would hate to raise my child with a social worker and some incubator constantly in the wings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I saw your other post. I can't believe the comments. A lot of people have open adoptions. It's a LEGAL agreement and they shouldn't have agreed to it if they couldn't abide by it. Glad you got your pics!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM
this exactly

Quoting yayay15:

I saw your other post. I can't believe the comments. A lot of people have open adoptions. It's a LEGAL agreement and they shouldn't have agreed to it if they couldn't abide by it. Glad you got your pics!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not disputing that, Im just saying I feel for her.  Maybe she didnt have a lot of options and/or felt pressured into this open adoption thing which is becoming so popular.  

I would hate to have some woman who birthed my child around making demands. I think OP should leave the woman be, it's the right thing to do.

Quoting yayay15:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
If she didn't want to send pics, she shouldn't have agreed to in the first place. She knew what I was looking for and what I expected. If she felt she couldn't deal with the terms to our LEGAL agreement then she should have went with a closed adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not disputing that, Im just saying I feel for her.  Maybe she didnt have a lot of options and/or felt pressured into this open adoption thing which is becoming so popular.  

I would hate to have some woman who birthed my child around making demands. I think OP should leave the woman be, it's the right thing to do.

Quoting yayay15:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

you are right on that I suppose.  I still think the right thing for you to do is back out and leave the poor family alone.  You did your part, you ahd the baby you didnt even want.  

Quoting Anonymous:

If she didn't want to send pics, she shouldn't have agreed to in the first place. She knew what I was looking for and what I expected. If she felt she couldn't deal with the terms to our LEGAL agreement then she should have went with a closed adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting yayay15:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)