Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm gonna KILL my DH!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

DD2's first birthday party is supposed to be on February 23rd. Her FIRST birthday.

We're not doing anything huge, just inviting cousins, a couple family friends! We've bought cake plates, pinata, candy for said pinata, some decorations...all we need to do now is order the cake and get some food.

DH tells me just now "Well, the estimated high that day is supposed to be 61. This is too much of a hassle. Let's not have a party for her"

WTF. I ask him what he wanted to do with all the stuff, and he said "Keep it"...for fucking what?! He says we should just take DD1 and DD2 to Chuck E. Cheese and let them play. DD2 can't even walk yet. How the fuck is she supposed to enjoy that?!

I'm sorry, I'm just so god damn pissed off at him. How can he do this last minute?! All I asked him to do was decide what he wanted to do for food. That was his ONLY thing I asked him to do!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (61-68):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM

The weather could change too between now and then.  That's over a week a way.  He's nuts.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM
That's hot in MN! Lol

Quoting robibuni:

He thinks that's too chilly for an outside party (we don't have room to do it at our place, and my MIL's yard is huge). We can't do it IN my MIL's house cause while she has tons of land, she has a tiny house. So now I'm just kinda left with all this birthday shit for nothing.

Quoting owl0210:

What does the weather have to do with it? lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM

lol laugh at him and tell him to get to work. act like he is joking 

Wolfy714
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

yea i agree maybe its going to pour rain?

Quoting mommytoeandb:

That's nice weather.  LOL

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

61 is good weather, the children can wear jackets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Screw him. Do it anyhow. I would.
NiCo86
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Well, I sure hope it works out for you!

Quoting robibuni:

We're in Austin, TX. Like I said, that's on the chilly side, but I think quite manageable!

Can't do an indoor party since no one has a big enough house for an indoor party.

Quoting NiCo86:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it gets to 61 here in the SUMMER it's a HOT day!!!!

Where do you live that 61 is so "chilly"? And can't you have it be an indoor party?

Quoting robibuni:

He says its a little too chilly for the party (which would be an outside party). I agree its on the chilly SIDE, but not too cold for a party! People just wear long sleeve tshirts and jeans!

Quoting NiCo86:

so what exactly does the temperature have to do with a kids birthday party?

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry

Quoting robibuni:

Yeah. Don't really understand why. I asked him to make sure it wasn't a money issue and he said no. He's just being a douche :(

Quoting jb0520:

Sounds like he just doesn't want to be bothered with the party

Quoting robibuni:

Evidently not? We can do it on the 3rd (a Sunday), but I guess he's not up for that?

Quoting jb0520:

Is changing the day not an option?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)