Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do so many poor people formula feed? UPDATE: I'M THE DUMBA--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It seems like most poor people formula feed. Why would they do that when breastfeeding is free? 

Before you get your dumbass panties in a wad, I'm not calling formula-feeders poor, or saying only rich people breastfeed, or saying you are a bad parent for feeding your kid whatever the hell you want to feed them. (Though there are physical benefits to breastfeeding, sorry, it's true.)

But seriously, why?

UPDATE:

Okay, obviously a huge part of it is that they have to go back to work. And that we're the only industrialized nation that offers ZERO paid maternity leave.

Sorry for all the Jimmies I rustled. I BF and my "extended" BF friend unintentionally makes me feel like a shit mom for only BFing the first 12 months. 

Maybe I should put my time energy and wondering into lobbying for paid mat leave.... ?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (221-228):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

You're such a dumbass troll. You also seem to resent nursing, which is gross and creepy.

Just because you were a lazy fat blob using your nursling as an excuse to let your house fall to shit 16 years ago and your husband resented you for not working doesn't make that everyone's situation. 

Besides, since you're definitely not a troll you totally know that after the first few weeks, nursing takes 10-20 minutes per feeding, tops. About the same as prepping and feeding a bottle of formula.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not trying, I am.  And it's not because of my husbands salary.  Yes, I did breastfeed and yes, I am a SAHM.  And that's pretty much all that is done when you breastfeed an infant, which is blobbing on the couch.  It's just a fact.  Unless you walk around like an idiot with your kid in a sling attached to you like a friggen pacifier.  Hideous. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha no you try to portray yourself as superior because your husband makes 350k a year. If you are also a breast-feeding SAHM why did you say I was blobbing around on the couch? You make no fucking sense. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the one writing posts on CafeMom trying to portray myself as being superior because I breastfeed.  It's hardly any sort of accomplishment.  You sit on the couch and the baby drinks.  Big fucking deal.  WHO CARES? Nobody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I am dirt poor and formula fed my kids. I received wic so why wouldn't I? I had no intention of even trying breast feeding.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
If you dont care whether or not someone formula feeds, why ask?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM

If anyone is a dumb ass, that would be you.

Too bad you have to have delusional thinking to justify my comments in your mind.  Why not just accept it for what it is?  Someone who experienced breastfeeding (with 3 kids btw) who does not consider it to be some HUGE accomplishment. 

Cave women breastfed!  It's nothing noteworthy!

Nobody cares. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're such a dumbass troll. You also seem to resent nursing, which is gross and creepy.

Just because you were a lazy fat blob using your nursling as an excuse to let your house fall to shit 16 years ago and your husband resented you for not working doesn't make that everyone's situation. 

Besides, since you're definitely not a troll you totally know that after the first few weeks, nursing takes 10-20 minutes per feeding, tops. About the same as prepping and feeding a bottle of formula.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not trying, I am.  And it's not because of my husbands salary.  Yes, I did breastfeed and yes, I am a SAHM.  And that's pretty much all that is done when you breastfeed an infant, which is blobbing on the couch.  It's just a fact.  Unless you walk around like an idiot with your kid in a sling attached to you like a friggen pacifier.  Hideous. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha no you try to portray yourself as superior because your husband makes 350k a year. If you are also a breast-feeding SAHM why did you say I was blobbing around on the couch? You make no fucking sense. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the one writing posts on CafeMom trying to portray myself as being superior because I breastfeed.  It's hardly any sort of accomplishment.  You sit on the couch and the baby drinks.  Big fucking deal.  WHO CARES? Nobody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM

How long did you nurse them? 6 weeks? 6 months?

When did I say it was an accomplishment?

Stop saying cavewomen breastfed. We read it the first time; it wasn't some amazing burn.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad you have to have delusional thinking to justify my comments in your mind.  Why not just accept it for what it is?  Someone who experienced breastfeeding (with 3 kids btw) who does not consider it to be some HUGE accomplishment. 

Nobody cares. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I don't consider it to be a burn either.  It's just a fact.

Its a slam to humanity that women who breastfeed have so little on their minds that this is what they converse about.  My gosh, watch the news or read a book that's not 50 Shades of Stupidity.  Is there nothing else significant in your life to discuss other than the fact that you have a baby on your tit for years? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop saying cavewomen breastfed. We read it the first time; it wasn't some amazing burn.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Nobody cares. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

..sorry I caught you trolling, troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its a slam to humanity that women who breastfeed have so little on their minds that this is what they converse about.  My gosh, watch the news or read a book that's not 50 Shades of Stupidity.  Is there nothing else significant in your life to discuss other than the fact that you have a baby on your tit for years? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Nobody cares. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
So someone who has a different opinion is now considered a troll?

Guess you got nothing else.

Quoting Anonymous:

..sorry I caught you trolling, troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Nobody cares. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN