Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sd hates me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Before I married my dh, I never really got to deal with sd. I only saw her four or five times (she lived on the west coast and we live on the east) dh and I married last April and she came for the wedding. Instead of a honeymoon, we took a family vacation since it didn't make since for her to come all the way here for just a few days. We even let her bring a friend. She came for Thanksgiving and decided to stay. I admit, I tried to buy her. Since she was originally here for a week, I took her on a shopping spree to get her all new clothes. Then it only made since that she take my car and I get a new one, but she wanted a lime green beetle. Dh was against it, but I sided with her and we got her her car.
Even with all that, she won't speak to me. At all. Not a good morning, hey missy, kiss my ass missy, nothing.
She is in therapy and the therapist told dh that she thinks its best that we don't force sd to talk to me. To let her work through it on her own.

Maybe I'm just hormonal, but its really getting to me. And ideas on what to do?.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

stop buying her shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I have, but I don't think she even cares.

Quoting Anonymous:

stop buying her shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM
How old is she?
pbjtime87
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Yeah you got used so you can get her the things she wants... Quite the intelligent whipper schnapper...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I'm sorry.  I don't think there's really anything you can do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have, but I don't think she even cares.

Quoting Anonymous:

stop buying her shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM
She's 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she?

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Ignore her ass!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Be nice, treat her like she's being nice and ignor the bad behavior. she will either wear out on being a brat or at least be able to look back when she's older and wiser and make up then. 

Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh.. a female teen.  I have a sd.  When she was a teen it was not a happy time for us.  My advice is this.. if she doesn't speak to you, let it go.  Seriously.  I wouldn't spend another minute caring about it.  You will never force or buy her into liking you.  She will or she wont.  Put your energy itno your marriage. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM
If you ignore her she might start actually talking to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)