Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sd hates me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before I married my dh, I never really got to deal with sd. I only saw her four or five times (she lived on the west coast and we live on the east) dh and I married last April and she came for the wedding. Instead of a honeymoon, we took a family vacation since it didn't make since for her to come all the way here for just a few days. We even let her bring a friend. She came for Thanksgiving and decided to stay. I admit, I tried to buy her. Since she was originally here for a week, I took her on a shopping spree to get her all new clothes. Then it only made since that she take my car and I get a new one, but she wanted a lime green beetle. Dh was against it, but I sided with her and we got her her car.
Even with all that, she won't speak to me. At all. Not a good morning, hey missy, kiss my ass missy, nothing.
She is in therapy and the therapist told dh that she thinks its best that we don't force sd to talk to me. To let her work through it on her own.

Maybe I'm just hormonal, but its really getting to me. And ideas on what to do?.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM

live your life with your dh and when she's ready to be apart of it she'll speak to you or she'll get pissed and move home . . .

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Stay kind and constant. Blending a family is a lot like anal sex. If you go to fast, or try to force it, you will end up in a world of pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Maybe. I just don't know why she isn't. Its like she woke up one morning amd decided not to talk to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you ignore her she might start actually talking to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I am and I do. If I say something or take her side, she just gives me this look.

Quoting Maevelyn:

Be nice, treat her like she's being nice and ignor the bad behavior. she will either wear out on being a brat or at least be able to look back when she's older and wiser and make up then. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM
No the answer is SHE'S A TEEN.

Trust me I was there not too long ago lol . She just has to grow up, just ignore her and I guarantee she'll start talking to you more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe. I just don't know why she isn't. Its like she woke up one morning amd decided not to talk to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you ignore her she might start actually talking to you.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Not really advice here, just my experience.  My step mother bought me off.  All was good for a bit, but after they married, I felt like she ws ousting me from the family.  Probably because she was (she hid cocaine in my room and called the cops on me and had me arrested).  

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
This. Being a brat gets old when no one cares. Give her positive attention only. Eventually she will wear down. Example "good morning, sunshine" evil glare and silence " here's breakfast" more glares and silence... She walks out exhausted from glaring and wonders if her face really will freeze that way. Keep it up and one day you will not get the glare... Then one day she will grunt in response. Eventually she will acknowledge your presence and then * gasp* speak to you! Don't let a kid get ya down. Just be there.

Quoting Maevelyn:

Be nice, treat her like she's being nice and ignor the bad behavior. she will either wear out on being a brat or at least be able to look back when she's older and wiser and make up then. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I don't do cocain (or any drugs) and I'm glad she's here because dh loves her being here. I guess I just thought I'd finally have a dd figure to treat to spa days and such. I have a ds from a previous relationship and we're expecting another ds in May.

Quoting dandylynes:

Not really advice here, just my experience.  My step mother bought me off.  All was good for a bit, but after they married, I felt like she ws ousting me from the family.  Probably because she was (she hid cocaine in my room and called the cops on me and had me arrested).  

chane_L
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

welcome to the teen yrs ( they suck!!!! ) I'm sure that the old phrase "animals that eat their young" must be talking about the teen yrs.  you can't force anything just be kind (hi, are you hungry, sort of stuff and lock the checkbook up) talk to your hubs about maybe her getting a lil job , or voluteer at a food bank for x amount of hours to work for her auto insurance . Responsiblity tends to grow respect.   GL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM
She's taking classes at the cc as well as her regular hs class (one reason she wanted to move here) so a pt job is out of the question. She does do chores around the house of dh ask her.

Quoting chane_L:

welcome to the teen yrs ( they suck!!!! ) I'm sure that the old phrase "animals that eat their young" must be talking about the teen yrs.  you can't force anything just be kind (hi, are you hungry, sort of stuff and lock the checkbook up) talk to your hubs about maybe her getting a lil job , or voluteer at a food bank for x amount of hours to work for her auto insurance . Responsiblity tends to grow respect.   GL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)