Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teens can be so kind!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 23 Replies
4 moms liked this
So today, I decided its freaking cold and im not in a walk up my long ass driveway mood to get the mail. So I take my truck and go get the mail. Well since this week it rained then got freezing cold then snowed on top of ice, the driveway is an ice rink. I went to back down my driveway and the truck slid into the side snow bank. F*ck me. So I try rocking my truck... not working.then tried to use a book to dig snow out from under the tires. Nope didnt help. And then a car pulls into my drive way... its a younger person.. im talking between 16-18 runs to my truck and offers to help me... see this whole ordeL was suppose to be a 2 min thing not get out so I had no shoes on and had gotten out a few times to dig under my tires with one of my kids books bare foot in a foot of snow. (Now I guess I can use the I walked barefoot in a foot deep snow line all the old folks I know use). He ran up my driveway to my house and grabbed the snow shovel sitting by the garage... ran back and started digging my truck out. Ok tried to rock the truck... nope still stuck. So kid then asks if he can tear down some branches off one of my trees... ok... so he gets those digs and stuffs them under the back tire. Then goes to the front, tell me to floor it forward then floor it back and pushes my truck to get it unstuck. He then told me to move over jumps in and floored it and put my truck in the driveway. I thanked him profusely and he shook my hand said have a wonderful day and it was no trouble at all... whoever the parents of this young man are, they should be very proud. And note to self, make dh get the mail from now on. Or walk my lazy butt up to the mail box. How was everyone elses day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this
So nice to hear something good about teens. They are not always the rude Hormonal creatures people talk of.
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so awesome. After the stressful day I've had I needed a smile and that definitely done it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Good deal! When mine were teens, they were kind too. (well..they still are) My 27 yr old son is always helping people...old and young alike.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so sweet!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kimkrys1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That restores my faith in teens!!!! Is there ANY way you can find out who his parents are???? To tell them?

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome. :) 

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM
For the most part in this area they are well behaved and friendly. Dh came in I told him my story and he fell to the floor laughing at me

Quoting Anonymous:

So nice to hear something good about teens. They are not always the rude Hormonal creatures people talk of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I wish... his girlfriend lives a mile up the road but im not sure which house

Quoting kimkrys1:

That restores my faith in teens!!!! Is there ANY way you can find out who his parents are???? To tell them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimkrys1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM

oh man... well just be sure to "pay forward" maybe that is what he was doing.. that is SO neat!!

kgcrazy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

when i read the title i thought you were being sarcastic! but that really is sweet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN