Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Always in PAIN!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

For the past year and a half I have been in a lot of pain and it seems to be spreading to more and more locations. My doctor has NO idea whats wrong with me, he has suggested Fibromyalgia.

I have a really hard time going to sleep and staying asleep and I have to switch positions several times in the night because it makes my body hurt every way I lay if I lay in the position for too long. When I wake up in the morning I feel stiff and achy.. The worst area is the joint near my armpit/shoulder/chest area. It feels sore pretty often and it definitely hurts after laying on either side for too long. I also have pain in my hips that will radiate down to my legs and sometimes to me knees. That pain isn't as often as the shoulder pain though. When I wake up I feel very groggy and stiff but after a few hours the pain starts to subside and its mostly not noticeable until the evening again. Like right now I'm having pain in my left shoulder blade (on my back obviously lol) that happens only sometimes. My pain definitely gets worse when im stressed or anxious. 

I just dont know what this is and its frustrating, im tired of being in pain all of the time!! I used to feel extremely tired everyday from my lack of quality sleep but ive been taking a very large dose of B12 and that has been helping tremendously with the fatigue but not the pain.

Is my doctor right?? Is it Fibro?? He said there really isnt anything I can do, he says mine sounds mild and doesn't recommend lyrica. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little911
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I have all the same sypmtoms as you..I dont know what it is either..The next time I go to the doctors Im going to bring it up to her..

momof2891
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM
It sounds like it might be. I have a lot of pain like that but mine is in my lower back and I know what's causing it. Has your doctor performed any tests to rule out other causes? I have cousin that has it and her pain stays in her arms/shoulders/upper back. She feels achy first the in the A.M. and at night and gets tired really easy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting momof2891:

It sounds like it might be. I have a lot of pain like that but mine is in my lower back and I know what's causing it. Has your doctor performed any tests to rule out other causes? I have cousin that has it and her pain stays in her arms/shoulders/upper back. She feels achy first the in the A.M. and at night and gets tired really easy.

Ya he said there is nothing wrong with me lol ...I was worried he was using that as a blanket diagnosis.

What is causing yours? If you dont mind me asking.

firemouse23
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It does sound like fibro.  I have it and had the exact same symptoms.  I am on Cymbalta as it treats both that and the depression that comes with it so often.  I can get about 6 hours of sleep now before I have to get out of bed due to the pain.  I wish you the best of luck with yours but you really do need to get on some medication to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting firemouse23:

It does sound like fibro.  I have it and had the exact same symptoms.  I am on Cymbalta as it treats both that and the depression that comes with it so often.  I can get about 6 hours of sleep now before I have to get out of bed due to the pain.  I wish you the best of luck with yours but you really do need to get on some medication to help.

When I was on anti-anxiety meds I noticed my symptoms were getting better. But I stopped taking it because DH and I want to have a baby. But now im scared to even try with this.. im worried it will get worse. My doctor says im fine to have a baby.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you had xrays and/or MRI to be sure there isn't any other issues?

I was dx'd with fibro last year but then after a few xrays and MRI of my back & neck they found I have degenerative disc disease and severe thoracolumbar scoliosis.  I too experience chronic pain 24.7!

scoleman828
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
This... I've had generalized pain like you describes for about 13 years [I'm 26]. I've had xrays, physical therapy, etc but nothing conclusive. Mine is centralized in my shoulder/ neck/ chest area too, which causes daily headaches. All of my joints ache all.the time to some degree though. It sucks, but I can't sympathize...

Quoting little911:

I have all the same sypmtoms as you..I dont know what it is either..The next time I go to the doctors Im going to bring it up to her..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Btw...  I also take Cymbalta and started Lyrica about 3 weeks ago.  Lyrica has been helping me thus far!  I call it my miracle drug next to baclofen *muscle relaxer* :)

momof2891
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Saying it was Fibro?? I don't think he is using it as a blanket diagnosis. That's really what it sounds like. My cousin went to the mayo clinic. I have two ruptured disks in my lower back and a pinched nerve so it doesn't matter what I do, I hurt nonstop. I will eventually need surgery but I want to finish school and work for awhile before I do it. You could request a second opinion from another doctor. Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2891:

Ya he said there is nothing wrong with me lol ...I was worried he was using that as a blanket diagnosis.

What is causing yours? If you dont mind me asking.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Have you had xrays and/or MRI to be sure there isn't any other issues?

I was dx'd with fibro last year but then after a few xrays and MRI of my back & neck they found I have degenerative disc disease and severe thoracolumbar scoliosis.  I too experience chronic pain 24.7!

Ya, my doctor was worried I had a tumor because sometimes I get pain under my bottom left rib.  A lot of my pain is worse on my left side of the body. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN