Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this volunteer job ad offend you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

White Girl Scout Troop Leader for K-5 girls

Today, many whites are discovering Girl Scouts. Participation by young whites and their mothers has grown exponentially in the past five years and there are now more than 350,000 whites in Girl Scouts.............

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christywf
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Where the hell was this advertised?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM

no.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Well - yeah.  Discriminatory as hell.  Why can't a black leader have white (or Asian or middle Eastern) girls in the troop?  Why do "white girls" need a "white leader?"

Where the hell do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting Christywf:

This was the original a d, I thought I'd change whites with latinas though to see if the response would be different:

Latina Girl Scout Troop Leader for K-5 girls

Today, many Latinas are discovering Girl Scouts. Participation by young Latinas and their mothers has grown exponentially in the past five years and there are now more than 350,000 Latinas in Girl

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Actually I substituted "white" in place f "latina" to see what kind of responses I'd get, here's the original ad:

Today, many Latinas are discovering Girl Scouts. Participation by young Latinas and their mothers has grown exponentially in the past five years and there are now more than 350,000 Latinas in Girl

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Well - yeah.  Discriminatory as hell.  Why can't a black leader have white (or Asian or middle Eastern) girls in the troop?  Why do "white girls" need a "white leader?"

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM

yes

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That's not cool either =( Sometimes it feels like this kind of thing is never going to be over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually I substituted "white" in place f "latina" to see what kind of responses I'd get, here's the original ad:

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Christywf
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM

MMMMM dunno what to think now (head exploding).

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM

they need to revamp their marketing its still offensive

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Christywf:

This was the original a d, I thought I'd change whites with latinas though to see if the response would be different:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM

uhhh what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)