Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rape by Fraud

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Rape by fraud/deception is a crime in which the perpetrator has the victim's sexual consent and compliance, but gains it through deception or fraudulent statements or actions.

Ex. Making promise of marriage.
Also

In 2010, a conviction of rape by deception drew international attention when it was first reported that a man deceived a woman into consensual sex within ten minutes of their first meeting by lying by omission about being Jewish and unmarried.

What's your opinion on this? Is this *real* rape?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ah, there is where you are wrong.  I used to say no to my ex when he wanted sex.  You know what he did in response?  He kept me up all night, would not let me sleep, called me names, guilt tripped me, nagged, bitched, whined & often would rub himself against me trying to get his dick in anyway.  I would eventually roll over & let him fuck me.  I was not consenting, I was allowing him to rape me so I could get some fucking peace.  Rape doesn't always have to be violent or forced, it happens nearly every day without people realizing it is happening.  Even now, my ex is convinced he never raped me.  But when someone does not want sex & someone else doesn't let it go & keeps pushing, even if it is nicely, it is still rape.

Quoting Anonymous:

No

My understanding of rape is that "NO" is said...or consent is not given (aka girl is passed out drunk)

If the woman said yes then...no rape...guys lie all the time to get into a girl's pants...thats why you don't have sex with them after 10min

Destiny839
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yep.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are a slime ball what does it make the woman who opened her legs and said fill me up?

A dumbass

Quoting Destiny839:

I do not think this is rape at all. I also find it offensive. Anyone who has ever had to go through the life long trauma and scars really being rape leaves know that they had something taken from them that was never given willingly.

There is a saying, "Hell hath no fury like a women scorn." There are ton of women who get lied to by men everyday, just so men can get what they want. If rape by fraud can get men locked up, there will be an overflow of men in jail for simply being a liar, (though they are slime-ball ) they are not exactly guilty of the life long stigma those kind of charges give them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

No its not

its coersion...but its not rape...unless he was threatening you with violence its not rape

Please go look up the definition of rape....no court in the world would find in your favor

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah, there is where you are wrong.  I used to say no to my ex when he wanted sex.  You know what he did in response?  He kept me up all night, would not let me sleep, called me names, guilt tripped me, nagged, bitched, whined & often would rub himself against me trying to get his dick in anyway.  I would eventually roll over & let him fuck me.  I was not consenting, I was allowing him to rape me so I could get some fucking peace.  Rape doesn't always have to be violent or forced, it happens nearly every day without people realizing it is happening.  Even now, my ex is convinced he never raped me.  But when someone does not want sex & someone else doesn't let it go & keeps pushing, even if it is nicely, it is still rape.

Quoting Anonymous:

No

My understanding of rape is that "NO" is said...or consent is not given (aka girl is passed out drunk)

If the woman said yes then...no rape...guys lie all the time to get into a girl's pants...thats why you don't have sex with them after 10min

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Coersion is a form of rape you dope. Violence is not required for rape, rape is when someone forces someone else to have sex with them unwilling.  Get your definitions straight.

Quoting Anonymous:

No its not

its coersion...but its not rape...unless he was threatening you with violence its not rape

Please go look up the definition of rape....no court in the world would find in your favor

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless the fraud was a fake wedding,(not maggiage proposal but faking the whole thing and i know a person who did this) then she put out.  It it takes 10 min to get you into bed, then really how willing where you to be decieved? 

raven1114
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

The only time I think that should hold water is if the man 'married' the woman they have sex and then she finds out the 'marriage' wasn't valid because of whatever reason, like he was legally married to someone else and lied to her about it.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Legal rape and rape are not the same thing. Legally ou where not raped, but emotionally you where and i bet have the scares to prove it.  You made the choice to give in to him, you shared a bed with him and he was you husband, so legally you could never have him even arrested fro rape.  He most likely will never understand what he did and what it cost you.  Nagging you is not coersion in the laws eye, otherwise children would be guilty of coersion daily and wives would too ever time they nagged their spouse to take out the trash.  In the case stated in the post, I would say she was not raped, but there are cases where that law could apply, unfortunatly even in you situation, I don't think it would.  It is not fair how they think a husband has the "right" to sex from his wife, there are cases of forcible rape where the wife said no and fought back and the husband took it anyway and never convicted of rape, maybe a few when the domsetic violance part is really extreme and they piggyback the charge with a whole bunch of others, but by itself? nope.  I do hope one day your ex con appreciate what he did to you and why it was wrong.  Being raped in that way can really damage a person's trust and ability to have a serious relationship and a healthy sex life, I hope that this is not the case for you anymore or that you continue to heal and recover from his assults.

And for those of you who feel like saying I am wrong that it isnt the same, I have been the victim of both rape by force by a stranger and rape by pressure from a spouse.   Both damaged me, both left scars. However, the one with my husband, cost me my marriage and the ability to trust enough to have a relationship wiht anyone else that would lead to sex.  Though in my case my ex eventually realized what he did and aplogized and carries it as one of his biggest regrets and mistakes.  he feels he commited a crime, though at the time he didnt see it that way but after he got a glipse of the harm and pain it caused me, he changed his view.  But most guys are not like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Coersion is a form of rape you dope. Violence is not required for rape, rape is when someone forces someone else to have sex with them unwilling.  Get your definitions straight.

Quoting Anonymous:

No its not

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Rape by Fraud was originally put in place to protect victims from imposters.  Such as, if the room is dark and a man climbs into bed claiming to be her husband.  She wakes up and he is NOT.  This other stuff is a bit weird...

micheledo
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I think consent out of fear or intimidation is completely different then being deceived.  I'm so sorry that happened to you. 

Besides - I have often heard stories of women who escape with their life because they 'consented' and pretended to like the rapist - so he spared their life.  I don't think anyone would say you are not being raped if you were forced to consent or did it out of extreme fear.

Quoting Anonymous:

So very sorry I missed it.

Did you miss the part where I said I technically consented?  Consent can be given w/it still being rape.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Did you miss the part of her post where she said OR consent is NOT given???

Quoting Anonymous:

I consented.

My abuser knew I couldn't have sex, I was not cleared at my 6 week check up after delivery. Not all my stitches were gone & my pelvis wasn't fully healed.

He fought w/me & fought w/me it got to the point where I was afraid so I gave in.

This is considered rape w/consent bc it was given in fear.

If you think you are raped only if you say NO then I guess all those victims that were raped while passed out aren't considered rape in your book.

Quoting Anonymous:

No

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

no.  consent is given, even though it's ill gotten.

not really rape.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)