Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't YOU keep your house clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I am watching Family Guy late one night and there was an argument on the show about keeping the house clean.  The arguement was "It's a FINITE area, it's not like I cleaned a town."

Made me laugh.  However my house isn't that clean.  I do tidy up, mop, vacuum, dust, do laundry, etc. I only have 2 kids 4 and 5.

What's your excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (81-89):
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I'm a lazy slob who has ADHD and an adorable 3 year old. I honestly don't give a crap if my house is messy, up to a certain point but until that point I have no motivation to clean it.

imacafemomer
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM

im lazy. plain and simple. i look around and say: eh... its not that bad

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I work now, opposite my husband. Plus I have somethign nearly every evening. I'm hardly home. Just to come unload, throw a bunch of junk and leave. We sleep, wake up, shower and leave again. I can't wait to be a SAHM again and get this place in shape again.

937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM

kid and work

hismommy2010
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My house is clean. And not just tidy up , it's actually clean and I keep it that way because my child deserves to be raised in a clean home - also not keeping your home clean will make your child be a messy dirty adult.

nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

i'm friggen lazy. if i wanted a spotless house, i'd clean more often and more in depth, but as of right now, I say screw it. theres no bugs, and there are clean dishes and clothes for the next day. if i get a day behind, then so be it. cleaning is a saturday main for me.

nataliesmom2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I like being lazy after a long day at work. I'd rather sit on the floor and play with the baby than dust. I do it occasionally, like last night I swept, mopped, and did the laundry, but I like to relax when i get the chance.

Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I'm a sahm so my house is always very clean. My SO wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I work ( although from home but I still have to put in my 8 hours or so ). And I have a destructive 16 month old on top I my tornado daughter who we also spend a fair time at dance for her I so need a maid or a clone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)