Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't YOU keep your house clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I am watching Family Guy late one night and there was an argument on the show about keeping the house clean.  The arguement was "It's a FINITE area, it's not like I cleaned a town."

Made me laugh.  However my house isn't that clean.  I do tidy up, mop, vacuum, dust, do laundry, etc. I only have 2 kids 4 and 5.

What's your excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (81-89):
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I'm a lazy slob who has ADHD and an adorable 3 year old. I honestly don't give a crap if my house is messy, up to a certain point but until that point I have no motivation to clean it.

imacafemomer
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM

im lazy. plain and simple. i look around and say: eh... its not that bad

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I work now, opposite my husband. Plus I have somethign nearly every evening. I'm hardly home. Just to come unload, throw a bunch of junk and leave. We sleep, wake up, shower and leave again. I can't wait to be a SAHM again and get this place in shape again.

937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM

kid and work

hismommy2010
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My house is clean. And not just tidy up , it's actually clean and I keep it that way because my child deserves to be raised in a clean home - also not keeping your home clean will make your child be a messy dirty adult.

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

i'm friggen lazy. if i wanted a spotless house, i'd clean more often and more in depth, but as of right now, I say screw it. theres no bugs, and there are clean dishes and clothes for the next day. if i get a day behind, then so be it. cleaning is a saturday main for me.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I like being lazy after a long day at work. I'd rather sit on the floor and play with the baby than dust. I do it occasionally, like last night I swept, mopped, and did the laundry, but I like to relax when i get the chance.

Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I'm a sahm so my house is always very clean. My SO wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I work ( although from home but I still have to put in my 8 hours or so ). And I have a destructive 16 month old on top I my tornado daughter who we also spend a fair time at dance for her I so need a maid or a clone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN