Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to eat healthy, but it's making me sick!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Ugh. I have been getting horrible headaches and feeling bloated ever since I switched to healthier eating. I thought I was supposed to feel better!
:-(
Is there such thing as sugar withdrawal? I just can't understand why I'm feeling this way!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM

YES.  It is called detoxing.  It sucks.

It is worth it, but it's no fun while it's happening, lo.  You may get funky acne too, so take care of your skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Wow! Really. Thanks, I thought I was crazy!

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

It is worth it, but it's no fun while it's happening, lo.  You may get funky acne too, so take care of your skin.

opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It's what happens when you stop eating carbs.  Try drinking some Gatorade G2 or Powerade Zero.  It really helps the headaches especially.  At least it did for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Just happy to know this isn't uncommon! Thanks!

Quoting opal10161973:

It's what happens when you stop eating carbs.  Try drinking some Gatorade G2 or Powerade Zero.  It really helps the headaches especially.  At least it did for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Same thing happened to me. After a week of no sugar, bread and processed food, it went away and I felt awesome!
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Def this. I did a detox last week ( not a chemical a natural eating ) I broke out acne and cold sores and ended up with what I think was my first yeast infection in. 11
Years ( my second ever ) It's just your body pushing out the toxins and detoxing from te bad foods you eat. If u keep it up it should all go away with in the first 2 weeks

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rota
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
You are smarter than you think. If you have been using a lot of sugar and eating high carbohydrate foods like pasta, breads, cookies, cakes and a lot of processed foods, then you very well may be addicted to sugar. Yes, there is a real addiction associated with sugar consumption and it is as strong as heroin. You will feel horrible while you are coming down from your sugar "highs". I would add healthy fats to your diet which can help.
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Make sure you're drinking a enough water!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM

It's totally worth it too.  I feel better than I have ever felt after I got off all the crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just happy to know this isn't uncommon! Thanks!

Quoting opal10161973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured