Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am an outsource for a company that is scamming people! Updated twice!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 398 Replies

I really don't know the best way to explain all of this... so here is my best attempt at making it shrt and to the point.

ETA: I will not post the company name here because I can get in a lot of trouble, however, word of mouth is not illegal and I will tell you the company name if you ask in a reply, I will pm it to you. I only went anon because I don't want it to come up on a google search or something under my name, same with partial reason I won't post the name of the company here as well. Hope you understand..

I work for a call center, we are an outsource for other companies, so they hire us to take there calls for them... but we have to act like we are that company... so I don't actually work for this company that is scamming people but I am doing a job for that company if that makes sense...

So this company is an online place and people order a variety of diferent things... this company doesnt submit the order right away though they take the money from your account and then hold it until they feel like placing the order while they draw interest, sometimes this goes on for months.

Then when people try to cancel they don't cancel it for days, then they place the order and it ships so they have to return and pay fees or keep the item.

Then there are people that don't get the item because its discontinued or it is out of the stock. They will cancel the order and never tell the customer, they call for months wanting to know where the order is and never tell them, just to hold the money and draw interest.

The people that get the items and they are damaged have to wait months for a replacement too, they never place the orders for them. If you want to return it is months to get labels to send it back and they wont let them ship it themselves they refuse to give an address. If you return to the sender it goes to the wrong place and they try to say you didn't return the item.

Refunds.... that is an enirely different thing... there are people right now that have been waiting since August 2012 for a refund! These are things that are returned, cancelled, or were discontinued etc.... they still dont have their money.

Here is the worse part, we do sales and customer service for this company. I have the hardest time selling things because I know there is a large chance they are going to have issues with the order, I cannot find it in me to screw over these people, so I moved to custoomer service. However in customer service we have absolutley no power to do anything for the customers... we can only submit a note on the account and wait for them to reply to the customer in their email. We cannot send labels, do refunds or anything. They reply after weeks... and these people call so MAD, I don't blame them, but we cannot physically do anything for them, we are basically a pissing post for these people to scream and yell at...

I so badly want to turn in the company for all the things they are doing. They have lawsuits and stuff right now, people have reported them to bbb etc, they just pay them off, so it doewnt matter.

I live in a small place, jobs are very few and far between, I can't quit or I would. I have looked for other options but I work mon-fri 7-5 so most hr offices do interviews during that time...

This is really just a vent, they have been down sizing, probably because of all the fines they have to pay ecause of all the bull shit they put these people through... it just sickens me they are doing this crap!

Not to mention that the company I actually work for, the call center... we have told them and there response is they can't tell them how to run their company... i get that, but some one has to be an advocate for us since we deal with these people. They know us by name because they call so much because tey cant get help!

I just wish I knew what I could do to get them in trouble. I wish I could give out all the corporate office number for the people that need help, I wish that I could get them shut down... even if I lost my job I would do it... but I would feel bad for the other people I work with that need the job more than me!

It really make me question myself and these people that call are so mad they say the meanest things, there is only so much you can take!

I just wish I could get them screwed over like they do to everyone ese!

Vent done... I'm just repeating myself!

ETA: They do sell things off Amazon and Ebay and Buy.com and other websites also so beware! ask for a pm and I will send you their name.

ETA: On page 25 there is a link that an anon posted for reviews on the company! I am still replying through pm, but i have somethings to take care of today, ill be back shortly!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

you can report them

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

you want it to stop, turn them in to the better business bureau...you would be out of a job, of course, but once word got out no one would order from them anymore :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Why can't you move to a different project in your call center? I worked for an out source call center that had many projects going. A lot of people moves around especially if a contract was about to expire.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

wow, awesome...

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Ethically, you need to turn them in to the better business bureau.  This is terrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

how though?

To who? My company doesn't seem to care!

Quoting mommysangelface:

you can report them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

The bbb has complaints all the time, they pay the fees so the rating is still A+ with them. The bbb doesn't care if the company is willing to pay the fines accosiated to the wrong doing... its crap, but true.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

you want it to stop, turn them in to the better business bureau...you would be out of a job, of course, but once word got out no one would order from them anymore :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
That sounds miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

There aren't any open right now, and I have tried to move, they like me there because I am able to de escalate customers very well, my supervisor will not sign a transfer for me. I tried :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't you move to a different project in your call center? I worked for an out source call center that had many projects going. A lot of people moves around especially if a contract was about to expire.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM

name of company?  Any time I've filed (and man have I filed tons) I see my complaint logged on with the company.

Quoting Anonymous:

The bbb has complaints all the time, they pay the fees so the rating is still A+ with them. The bbb doesn't care if the company is willing to pay the fines accosiated to the wrong doing... its crap, but true.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)