Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what to think, someone please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I am in utter shock. I just don't know what to think about this. I am not even sure how to feel about it. I can't even concentrate on anything right now. My husband got irritated at our kids tonight. We went out to eat and our son was whiny...he's 5. Our daughter was moody. She's10. He asked her a question and she just wouldn't say anything. I hate when she does that. It's like talking to a brick wall. I had no clue what was wrong with her.

But I guess he had enough and wouldn't sit with us. I feel like I've been betrayed, like he turned his back on us. I don't know what to say about it. It felt like he just hated us. I am just in utter shock. He's never done this before.Ever. I just cannot find the words to say anything to him right now...am I dumbfounded or something....it is taking everything I have right now to write this. I do not know what to do, I don't know what to say.  DS did act a little ungreatful and extremely whiny, but I just don't see how that is an excuse to check out of the family for a while. I felt like a single mom sitting there. I completely ignored him like he did us.  Why is it that the men get to check out...why? Why do they get to step back and when we gothome hom he made a family annoucement that he is not taking the kids out or buying anymore toys. While I agree with that...I am just not in ageeance that he just sat by himself. I think it was wrong. It kind of feels like a slap in the face. Almost like he doesn't love us or he's sick of us. Can someone help me make sense of this. I can't even do my homework. I feel like I lost somethingand I don't even know what...I feel like I've just suddenly fallen into a depression.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mcelly
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Maybevhe stress at work? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

for one, he sounds like an immature douche.

and two..i can see being upset but it's not that big of a deal, i think your overreacting a little...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Bump. I'm sorry but I have no advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM
He was just annoyed relax don't over think it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Uh...... over reaction??? Both of you. Why didnt y'all just leave???
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I think you are overreacting slightly.He was fed up. It's no different than if you went into your bedroom at home, alone for a while.

Who says moms don't get to check out? There are nights I just can't do anymore and I slip off alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lionpaw
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Hugs

It might have been better he stepped out for a moment than to say or do something he might regret.

Give himtime to cool down and try talking about it when rested?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe it was a better choice than the others that came into his head.

oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's a good thing, he could have been at his breaking point. I'd prefer he sit by himself rather than hit the kids or something.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I'd let it go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)