Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am the BM, the SM, the ex-wife and the current wife

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And I control each situation with class :) 

I have 2 children from a previous marriage. My ex recently married and his new wife has 2 children. My DH also has 1 child from a previous relationship. I am basically the one who orchestrates everything. And I believe everything runs smooth and everyone is happy and gets along...

Ask me anything ... 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (11-18):
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Good point! I would LOVE if I wasn't the only one coordinating everything. But then again- I AM the custodial parent & I have them 24/7! I just now got my ex to give me his schedule on a regular basis! He gets it for 6 weeks at a time so now I have to the end of March & can play around his days off! I try to email him as dates come up with concerts or what have you. Some times it's too late to request off or switch for him (he works fast food).

Quoting Anonymous:

gladly!! 

I am the go to person whenever there is an issue, so I am pretty sure if they didn't like it they wouldn't continue to rely on me 

Quoting CampClan:

As long as all parties are in agreeance with the way their part plays out! I'd like you to come orchestrate this month for me! Lol My schedule is crazy! And it seems to only be this month!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

jami's I am nice and comfy and relaxed. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you wearing?

wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more

:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM

i prefer it this way. And with their being 2 other women I have to communicate with (they don't have anything to do with eachother) I guess I am pretty lucky they aren't as strong minded as I am. lol 

I don't do emails for communication. I do it face to face. Or I call on the phone. Once in awhile text messaging to stay in contact but not for discussing important matters.

Quoting CampClan:

Good point! I would LOVE if I wasn't the only one coordinating everything. But then again- I AM the custodial parent & I have them 24/7! I just now got my ex to give me his schedule on a regular basis! He gets it for 6 weeks at a time so now I have to the end of March & can play around his days off! I try to email him as dates come up with concerts or what have you. Some times it's too late to request off or switch for him (he works fast food).

Quoting Anonymous:

gladly!! 

I am the go to person whenever there is an issue, so I am pretty sure if they didn't like it they wouldn't continue to rely on me 

Quoting CampClan:

As long as all parties are in agreeance with the way their part plays out! I'd like you to come orchestrate this month for me! Lol My schedule is crazy! And it seems to only be this month!

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Oh I have to email him. Not by court order but because he could delete a text or say I never told him. Plus I have to delete texts once in awhile to keep space clear on my phone. An email is easier to print off too if he said he never got it. I would have proof I sent it. Or if he needs it in writing for some reason.

But I see your point! If they have no reason to communicate with each other & you're the common denomanator in the family dynamic then why shouldn't you coordinate?!

Quoting Anonymous:

i prefer it this way. And with their being 2 other women I have to communicate with (they don't have anything to do with eachother) I guess I am pretty lucky they aren't as strong minded as I am. lol 

I don't do emails for communication. I do it face to face. Or I call on the phone. Once in awhile text messaging to stay in contact but not for discussing important matters.

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting Anonymous:

gladly!! 

Quoting CampClan:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I'm in the same situation basically. I have my ex, my SO, and our kids on board. However... my SO's ex is, well, horrible to me. 

Any tips on getting her to just accept I'm not leaving? IDGAF if she likes me... I am just sick of her being so absolutely horrid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Can you teach some of the women on here how to work with others?

Quoting Anonymous:

yes I believe so, otherwise I don't think I would get along very well. 

Compromise is very important. I can work with anyone, and I can mediate (many times between my sd's bm and my dh) pretty good as well. I just want everyone to get alone, and there is always a reason why someone is upset and if given the platform you can usually figure it out and resolve it. 

Quoting mom2bell:

Does everyone else believe everything runs smooth and everyone gets along?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
All of my texts go to my gmail account. My ex is a douche. I told him that I can print his nasty text and forward it to my attorney.

Quoting CampClan:

Oh I have to email him. Not by court order but because he could delete a text or say I never told him. Plus I have to delete texts once in awhile to keep space clear on my phone. An email is easier to print off too if he said he never got it. I would have proof I sent it. Or if he needs it in writing for some reason.

But I see your point! If they have no reason to communicate with each other & you're the common denomanator in the family dynamic then why shouldn't you coordinate?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting Anonymous:

gladly!! 

Quoting CampClan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM

you can't force someone to accept something like that, but you can make it so that she does not want you to leave. You make her life easier. If she wants to change a weekend or a day, who cares.. compromise, there are 7 days in the week. 

If your SO and her are getting heated, step in .. but hear her side first (it doesn't mean you are taking her side, you are just letting her vent first). 

How long have you and your SO been together? that plays a big factor as well

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in the same situation basically. I have my ex, my SO, and our kids on board. However... my SO's ex is, well, horrible to me. 

Any tips on getting her to just accept I'm not leaving? IDGAF if she likes me... I am just sick of her being so absolutely horrid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)