Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Real War Against Women

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 39 Replies
9 moms liked this

We heard a lot of talk prior to November about the "War Against Women."  There were a lot of posts on CM about the womenss rights issues.

Well it looks to me like it's WOMEN who are waging War Against Women!!  Reading the comments about rape in another post shows that many women are still buying in to the cultural gender stereotypes that hurt women. 

I read comments that imply that women are partly or fully at fault for their own rapes if they put themselves in risky situations, act or dress inappropriately, or don't properly resist.  Giving in to lies and misrepresentation, coercion, or pressure is confused for consent.

Come on ladies, It is not o.k. for a person to rape a hooker wearing a micro mini and a boob tube on a street at 3 a.m. in the crappiest part of town when she was gonna give it to him if he paid for it.

There are Rape Shield Laws that say the victim is NEVER responsible for the rape.  Her history, clothing, location, character, and substance use are NOT relevant and do not cause, contribute to, or justify rape.  They are not even mitigating factors.  In fact, if a woman is drunk, she CANNOT give consent, just as a minor cannot give consent.

As women, we need to support and empower each other.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Women are people.

People are stupid.

Sad but true.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM

this is cafemom it will never happen. its really sad on how "women" treat other women on here.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Rape is never ever ever an acceptable consequence for anyone's choices.

Ever.

Never will be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I can't support and empower what I don't believe in. (Meaning many things)
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Thank you. So much victim blaming and slut shaming goes on and it's horrible.
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I can't support and empower what I don't believe in. (Meaning many things)

...what?
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I think women are the biggest perps of misogyny. 

However....how come a woman can't give drunken consent, but a man can?  Moreso, why is a man held accountable to his actions while under the influence, but a woman is not?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I agree with you OP.  Personally I've been saying for years that woman hurt woman worse than a man ever could.  We do tend to be bitches towards one another.  I also feel it was our desire as woman as a whole to be "equal"....that we have such wimpy men in this world...we've cut off their balls and dipped them in platinum...and then we wonder why our men are no longer men....things that make you go hmmm?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree that no one deserves to get raped, but if that prostitute weren't out on the streets at 3 am in a micro mini and a tube top, if she were instead in bed getting a good nights sleep to go to her office job in the morning, well her risk of being raped has just went down by a very high percent.

No one deserves to be rape, rapists are scum, but women have to be aware that there are situation that are going to increase their risk of being raped. 

In an ideal world women could walk around naked and no man would dare to touch her without consent, but we don't live in a perfect world, in this world you are responsible for the choices you make good or bad. So while that prostitute doesn't deserve to be raped, she took a calculated risk when she went out that night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I'm misogynistic....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN