Wow...Would you be offended?? (somewhat long...) Yes another WIC/PA post/vent lol
Ok, so let me just say, I went into a Walmart today (as if this story will be suprising since it was in fact Walmart...) So I posted this status on my Facebook and OMG Holy Hell broke loose.... So we were just in Walmart (not one we regularly shop at) to get our Daughter food and tell me how the cashier goes 'is this WIC?' My Husband goes 'no, no, no, absolutely not' and I said 'I think it's really rude that people would even ask that, there are some people who can actually afford their kids'. She was like 'oh ok'...like made me sooooo mad, who are they to assume we are on WIC just because we look young. (We seriously looked up WIC requirements just to see and my husband and I would need to have 8 children in order to qualify...)
So, I needed to vent and posted this status to my Facebook:
Why is it when you go in the grocery store to buy food for your baby the cashier automatically assumes AND asks if it's WIC? Umm not everyone is on WIC, so yea that just really made me mad...maybe they just ask that in 'this' Walmart because we have never been asked in any other store.
OMG one person really took offense to it...and commented back: (here are the first few comments, there are way too many to share them all...I deleted all names)
- I know at our stores they do because they have to go down a list as well and so many get the wrong stuff
- I still find it rude...not everyone needs help providing for their kids...I worked in a grocery store almost 10 years and we NEVER asked or assumed a person buying baby food was on WIC
- Maybe she was just doing her job. There is no need to be rude and mad about it.
- I agree its rude but they may be getting on cashiers cause so many let stuff slide
- At Walmart they have to put the check info in first. If not they have to wait for a csm to come void the order and we all know it takes forever at Walmart as it is. It's easier for everyone to ask first. Unless you want to be standing in line waiting all night.
- Heres on idea. If u don't like what they do, go somewhere else. Problem solved.
- This is the first Walmart or any store that has ever asked...and I have every right to think it was rude or not like how they just ask or assume. Would you like if someone assumed something of you? I'm not against people on WIC that need it, but it shouldn't be assumed or questioned that everyone with a child is on it.
- Wow some ppl are rude... But it's true a lot of ppl live off the system even when they don't need it cuz they are with a drug dealer or many don't even know who there babies daddies are... So you have every right to be pissed and mad at the situation
- I don't think she is taking just as her idk any Walmart that asks is it wic the person usually has to let the cashier know. So to me if I was in her position I would find that very insulting and rude.
- you have a right to be mad if you were using wic you would have the card out and ready
- EXACTLY!!!!! I have never seen or heard a cashier ask. If people are offended by my opinion of how I felt someone was rude to me they don't have to read or comment...people work hard to provide entirely for their families...I'd feel the same way if I placed my order on the belt and was asked if it was EBT. People get mad and offended when they spend their hard earned $ and are assumed to be on the system...just shows there are way too many people on it. Most use and abuse it...so no need to go back and forth...it made me mad, so I vented ...have every right to do so...
- I always shop at walmart and they've never asked me if my order was wic. I've always made my daughters food so i guess ive never had an order that would look like an "wic order" but i agree i would feel like i was being judged. Lmfao i love to see ppl getting mad about what other ppl post on facebook. Fyi i was a cashier for 4 yrs and never asked a person if their order was wic or ebt lol thats rude.
- That's right you do and after all this is your wall don't like leave and don't comment
So THEN, this one 'woman' messages me as if she knows me and my family...(copied and pasted everything so if you can't make something out, it's her poor writing lol):