Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow...Would you be offended?? (somewhat long...) Yes another WIC/PA post/vent lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 569 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok, so let me just say, I went into a Walmart today (as if this story will be suprising since it was in fact Walmart...) So I posted this status on my Facebook and OMG Holy Hell broke loose.... So we were just in Walmart (not one we regularly shop at) to get our Daughter  food and tell me how the cashier goes 'is this WIC?' My Husband goes 'no, no, no, absolutely not' and I said 'I think it's really rude that people would even ask that, there are some people who can actually afford their kids'. She was like 'oh ok'...like made me sooooo mad, who are they to assume we are on WIC just because we look young. (We seriously looked up WIC requirements just to see and my husband and I would need to have 8 children in order to qualify...)

So, I needed to vent and posted this status to my Facebook:

Why is it when you go in the grocery store to buy food for your baby the cashier automatically assumes AND asks if it's WIC? Umm not everyone is on WIC, so yea that just really made me mad...maybe they just ask that in 'this' Walmart because we have never been asked in any other store.

OMG one person really took offense to it...and commented back: (here are the first few comments, there are way too many to share them all...I deleted all names)

•  I know at our stores they do because they have to go down a list as well and so many get the wrong stuff

•  I still find it rude...not everyone needs help providing for their kids...I worked in a grocery store almost 10 years and we NEVER asked or assumed a person buying baby food was on WIC

•  Maybe she was just doing her job. There is no need to be rude and mad about it.

•  I agree its rude but they may be getting on cashiers cause so many let stuff slide

•  At Walmart they have to put the check info in first. If not they have to wait for a csm to come void the order and we all know it takes forever at Walmart as it is. It's easier for everyone to ask first. Unless you want to be standing in line waiting all night.

• Heres on idea. If u don't like what they do, go somewhere else. Problem solved.

•  This is the first Walmart or any store that has ever asked...and I have every right to think it was rude or not like how they just ask or assume. Would you like if someone assumed something of you? I'm not against people on WIC that need it, but it shouldn't be assumed or questioned that everyone with a child is on it.

•  Wow some ppl are rude... But it's true a lot of ppl live off the system even when they don't need it cuz they are with a drug dealer or many don't even know who there babies daddies are... So you have every right to be pissed and mad at the situation

•  I don't think she is taking just as her idk any Walmart that asks is it wic the person usually has to let the cashier know. So to me if I was in her position I would find that very insulting and rude.

•  you have a right to be mad if you were using wic you would have the card out and ready

•  EXACTLY!!!!! I have never seen or heard a cashier ask. If people are offended by my opinion of how I felt someone was rude to me they don't have to read or comment...people work hard to provide entirely for their families...I'd feel the same way if I placed my order on the belt and was asked if it was EBT. People get mad and offended when they spend their hard earned $ and are assumed to be on the system...just shows there are way too many people on it. Most use and abuse it...so no need to go back and forth...it made me mad, so I vented ...have every right to do so...

•  I always shop at walmart and they've never asked me if my order was wic. I've always made my daughters food so i guess ive never had an order that would look like an "wic order" but i agree i would feel like i was being judged. Lmfao i love to see ppl getting mad about what other ppl post on facebook. Fyi i was a cashier for 4 yrs and never asked a person if their order was wic or ebt lol thats rude.

•  That's right you do and after all this is your wall don't like leave and don't comment

So THEN, this one 'woman' messages me as if she knows me and my family...(copied and pasted everything so if you can't make something out, it's her poor writing lol):

• 'woman'-

U take about people on assistance like u or your family has never been on it. My mom and dad worked hard for ur family for 25 years while your mom and dad sat home and collected welfare. You act like your shit don't stink. People like ur family give people that really need help bad names. I'm done venting and I will be deleting u. Oh another reality check, u r not the only one that has a child so stop acting like u r.

• OP-
      Are you serious right now? Because obviously you don't know my family. I don't even think I know you anyway so you deleting me isn't going to upset me. My father has worked for the county as long as I can remember, he has worked his ENTIRE life at times working 3 if not more jobs. I'm almost 30 my father has worked for the county almost as long. So before you go around assuming you think you know people, get it straight. Oh and my Mother worked most of my childhood as well. The people that give those on assistance a bad name are those who use and abuse it. My husband works hard to support our family and so yes I have every right to be mad and offended because we look young it is assumed we are on wic. Oh and before you think I just sit home living off my husband, I work from home. So everything you said makes absolutely no sense at all. So obviously you were offended by what I said, I'm not going to apologize, if you didn't like it you didn't have to read or comment it and keep getting even more offended...not my problem

• 'woman'-
        Im not looking for an apologies. I know ur family very well. New street. U can try and tell me but u r just joking urself when u say ur parents worked. Everyone laughed at ur family in the big black bus.

I'm done venting. Have a great night.

• OP-
          Yea ok so what if people laughed because they had a bus so now it's a bad thing to have a vehicle to transport all your children safely..oh btw my dad owned that bus too...and you are joking yourself thinking I don't know my parents worked and STILL work...so whatever, have fun THINKING you know my family...seriously, grow up

• 'woman'-
            Ask ur brother if he still has my initials still in his arm he engraved with a broken bottle. Have a nice day.

• OP-
              Yea cuz I like never even talk to him...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
            Add your quick reply below:
            You must be a member to reply to this post.
            Replies (1-10):
            Anonymous
            by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Con't....

Now might I add, I have NEVER been on assistance. Yes, my parents were ages ago like way before I ever even exsisted or were a thought in the world and my Father worked up to 4 jobs and busted his ass to where they didn't need the help anymore. (which is how things should be) Like who is this lady to assume that our family is and was on welfare? SERIOUSLY? Yes, I admit I have a few siblings on it and I barely talk to them because I do not agree with their life choices. But as far as my parents go, no they are not. My Dad still to this day works for the County, owns their home, 2 brand new cars, and can do as they please because they have earned it. Myself and sister live well with our husbands and children because we can and have worked for it and have husbands who have amazing jobs as well. Own our cars, provide for our families and are in the process of buying our first home. Like does anyone think it is wrong for me to be upset and aggravated that it was assumed I was on WIC? I am in no way against it...if people NEED it and don't abuse the system, fine...but I find it sad that there are SO many people on it that it's automatically assumed that 'everyone' is on it and it's a question asked at the checkout. We work hard to provide for our family, I find it insulting to be assumed to be on assistance...

I learned in the 6th grade ASSUME....to make an ASS out of U and ME....(that is how I learned to spell it lol)

***Vent over***

Anonymous
            by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
            91 moms liked this
            You're seriously overreacting.
            Anonymous
            by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
            8 moms liked this

Get over it.

Logan_Bellasmom
            by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
            6 moms liked this
            Honestly you are making a huge deal out of nothing.
            Posted on CafeMom Mobile
            Anonymous
            by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
            2 moms liked this
            First off wow. Yes they have to ask to ring it up. And if the woman knows u oh well. She was being as rude as you were. Get over it
            nazgor
            by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
            8 moms liked this
            tl;dr.
            Posted on CafeMom Mobile
            Lizardannie1966
            by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
            41 moms liked this

Honestly, I think that you might be a little too sensitive. The cashier was only doing her job. I sincerely doubt she drew any conclusions because of your age.

In all actuality, your comment about being "able to afford" your kid's was not necessary and rude in and of itself.

As for the FB problems, it goes like this--vent all you'd like on FB but expect honesty from some who read it.

ilovemyboys84
            by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
            Sounds like u both need to grow up
            Posted on CafeMom Mobile
            Anonymous
            by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
            4 moms liked this

Yawn, who cares?  this is entirely too long to read.

Anonymous
            by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
            20 moms liked this

You went to Walmart - the lowest of the low class stores - and you get mad when they think you are on welfare?  Go to Whole Foods,  Nordstrom's, Saks, Bloomingdales, Harrods, etc. if you don't want them to make assumptions about your ability to pay.

Also, you may want to try dressing better.

Add your quick reply below:
            You must be a member to reply to this post.
            Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
            Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)