Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents or inlaws that smoke pot wanting to watch LO??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
LO. if your parents or inlaws smoked would you be comfortable with them watching your LO? my partners parents smoke and we will go to visit and it smells I will let them visit while I'm there but as far as babysitting it won't happen I don't feel comfortable with them watching LO and I expressed this to my so and he sided with me on this for now. so how would you handle this situation if your parents/inlaws smoked pot and wanted to watch your LO??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Replies (81-86):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

My FIL smokes pot and I told DH no way in hell would MIL or FIL be left alone with the kids and the only way they would see them is if they came here or we went threre, which we don't go there, so its a non issue for us anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

nope. my mil recently started smoking pot and me and my husband don't allow her to watch our kids anymore. she is sad and upset and mad. but she knew how we felt about drugs and decided to do it anyways. we don't mind visiting. but our children will never be left alone with her.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That would be a negative.

A) If the house smells like it, that means they do it inside. Do they have any qualms about not doing it while watching your child? Yes, I would feel the same about someone who drinks while watching my children or taking narcotic medication.

B) Like it or not, it's still illegal in most places. My children would not be in the home of anyone keeping an illegal substance on the property - or someone who partakes in illegal activity.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

regardless of state laws, its illegal federally. federal law always trumps state law. so ya it is illegal.

Quoting Anonymous:

it's not illegal in CA or CO or WA...and funny , we don't hear about scores of stoned parents having their kids taken away. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope! Not only is it illegal it's irresponsible to leave your child in the care of someone smoking weed!

Hell my MIL just smokes cigarettes and she isn't allowed to watch the girls when we go and see her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

the hell with the feds

Quoting Anonymous:

regardless of state laws, its illegal federally. federal law always trumps state law. so ya it is illegal.

Quoting Anonymous:

it's not illegal in CA or CO or WA...and funny , we don't hear about scores of stoned parents having their kids taken away. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope! Not only is it illegal it's irresponsible to leave your child in the care of someone smoking weed!

Hell my MIL just smokes cigarettes and she isn't allowed to watch the girls when we go and see her.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
And they've been successfully raised too!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I smoke pot and I watch my own child
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)