Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess...I mucked up our taxes! FML

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 22 Replies

I filed DF's taxes a couple of weeks ago and knew we wouldn't see anything more than AWAITING ACCEPTANCE, until sometime today or so- due to the educational credits.  I checked yesterday anyway, but nothing showed.  I checked again this morning and nope.  I checked about 10minutes ago and it was Denied!  I was freaking out!  What did I do wrong? 

Apparently, I forgot that he decided to go to H&R Block last year and used the wrong pin number.  No shit.  That was all I did wrong.  SMH  Hopefully, it didn't send up any red flags and they decide to investigate further.  UGH!  That would be just my damn luck.  FML

Anyone else have any problems with their taxes this year?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

What do you mean by pin number?

opal10161973
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM

When I e-filed this year, they asked for last year's pin number for the tax return.  I guess it's a way to curb fraud.  IDK. 

Quoting angie729:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM

ohh ok...I did my sons taxes for him and e filed...I guess I did make a pin number up. So you have to use it every year even if you use a different site?

Quoting opal10161973:

When I e-filed this year, they asked for last year's pin number for the tax return.  I guess it's a way to curb fraud.  IDK. 

Quoting angie729:

tinarob
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I know what your talking about and I didn't use the one from H&R I used the one issued for us on the IRS page I'm gonna check mine now shoot I'm nervous
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No, it gave me the option of making a new one for this year.  Which I did, since I can make it one we won't forget.  Not that I don't keep the tax info, because when we were looking, I found my taxes from 2005, so.... LOL

You just need to make sure he keeps that info for next year or it could take longer, since it did give the option of sending off to the IRS for one.  It would just delay the filing.

Quoting angie729:

ohh ok...I did my sons taxes for him and e filed...I guess I did make a pin number up. So you have to use it every year even if you use a different site?

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting angie729:

opal10161973
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I believe that's the right one because our's wouldn't go through the IRS website, but it passed all the checks on Taxact before the denial.

Quoting tinarob:

I know what your talking about and I didn't use the one from H&R I used the one issued for us on the IRS page I'm gonna check mine now shoot I'm nervous

tinarob
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
So how do you correct it?? I still have an eta I'm nervous I checked now but don't see the status bar just in writing saying being processed I also had a educational credit delay. Damn I'm nervous now lol did you get a new pin through the website? And what did you use to file? I did turbo tax
tinarob
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I did go through H&R last yr though awww

Quoting opal10161973:

I believe that's the right one because our's wouldn't go through the IRS website, but it passed all the checks on Taxact before the denial.

Quoting tinarob:

tinarob
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Ya know what haha I just for my state back so if that was a'ok I can assume the federal is right? I don't remember if I had to use a pin for both
zoo003
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Sounds kind of like what happened to ours.  I put in the wrong pin when I submitted it and therefore, the federal return was rejected.  This then led to the state one being rejected because it can't be processed without the federal one.  However, I just went back into my taxes, requested a new pin (there is a part where it asks if you want to put in last year's pin or get a new one-that is what I chose), and then resubmitted.  It was really easy and there weren't any delays after that-in fact, I already have received my return.  Good luck!

BTW-I used H&R Block. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN