Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dogs are freaking me out!!!!! long and boring... no obligation to read this!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

my dogs are pansies! lol! they are afraid to be outside alone because birds scare them! lol

there a places in the house that they can see their own reflections and they do not like these "other dogs" lol

but there are many windows that they cannot see their reflection in due to angle, and them being tiny! 

they keep freaking out barking, coming to get me for help because of something out of one of those windows.... i got down to their level to see if i could see anything, nothing... but they keep going back to it.... :/

now my paranoid brain is going... the other day our gate was pushed open, dh said it was the wind, but the wind has never pushed it that far open....

ugh, we moved here to get away from the bad area we were living in, our house was broken into twice there, i thought i was finally feeling safe here, but apparently my crazy brain is still working in over drive because of it! i know that my dogs are little babies and i know rationally that there isn't some crazy person in my back yard peering through that window, but still........ :/ 

I'm not gonna be sleeping well tonight...

Ok long ass vent thing over...

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jcothrine
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i trust my dogs.. they usually only bark if there is something real..... although the other day hubby was pounding on the bedroom wall for me to bring him some underwear and they went to the front door like someone was knocking..lol..and occasionally when a doorbell rings on t.v. they will go to the door then too...

JC

shannon.m.park
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Just make sure your doors and windows are locked, you will be fine...

My fav thing is to close the blinds/curtains enough where u can still see lights from the outside, so others think there are ppl awake in the house... altho when we move I wont have to do this lol

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM
My dog is a scaredy cat too. He actually screams if frightened. Well, it's more like a yelp but if he were human it would so be a scream.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM

i trust mine to tattle on ds, and use my face as a pillow! lol they are still pups though, I'm hoping to turn them into a more accurate alarm system! 

until then, at least they're cute! 

Quoting Jcothrine:

i trust my dogs.. they usually only bark if there is something real..... although the other day hubby was pounding on the bedroom wall for me to bring him some underwear and they went to the front door like someone was knocking..lol..and occasionally when a doorbell rings on t.v. they will go to the door then too...

JC

beethann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Well, maybe they are seeing things you can't really see...

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:04 AM

weird but now i have the ghost busters theme song stuck in my head!! lol

Quoting beethann:

Well, maybe they are seeing things you can't really see...

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM
If its normal for them to bark at nothing ignore it but if its not common trust the dogs. My old dog rarely barked at stuff unless someone or thing was in the yard or at the door. One night when I was home alone he would bark then run to the back door over and over again so I got his leash and opened the door when our neighbor came running in between our two houses chasing some teen boys, he said he came home and found them trying to break into his garage. They didn't get in but that's why my dog was behaving like he was also I learned to look outside before assuming he was being a pest.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM

they are always barking at "something" when they bark, usually themselves, a sock in the couch cushions, ds doing something he shouldn't be... etc.. so they bark a lot! but usually not at nothing.... 

but they have different barks that they use, this one is like the one that they use when i can't hear a knock at the door, so they come get me..... it's weird, but they are still pups so I'm betting it's nothing.... still freaky to me though!

Quoting JacksonGirl:

If its normal for them to bark at nothing ignore it but if its not common trust the dogs. My old dog rarely barked at stuff unless someone or thing was in the yard or at the door. One night when I was home alone he would bark then run to the back door over and over again so I got his leash and opened the door when our neighbor came running in between our two houses chasing some teen boys, he said he came home and found them trying to break into his garage. They didn't get in but that's why my dog was behaving like he was also I learned to look outside before assuming he was being a pest.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Maybe a cat or another animal? Just because you can't hear or see anything doesn't mean they can't. I swear my dog could hear another animal as soon as it stepped in the yard lol

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

they are always barking at "something" when they bark, usually themselves, a sock in the couch cushions, ds doing something he shouldn't be... etc.. so they bark a lot! but usually not at nothing.... 

but they have different barks that they use, this one is like the one that they use when i can't hear a knock at the door, so they come get me..... it's weird, but they are still pups so I'm betting it's nothing.... still freaky to me though!

Quoting JacksonGirl:

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:41 AM

there are a couple cats that run around here, usually Perry and Alice hide when they hear them! lol, maybe they are getting some courage?

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Maybe a cat or another animal? Just because you can't hear or see anything doesn't mean they can't. I swear my dog could hear another animal as soon as it stepped in the yard lol

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)