Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Just because I stopped responding to you doesn't mean you "won" the debate. It means you are too insipid to respond to anymore.

Ever had this happen?

You are attempting to have an intelligent discussion and get called names or told you are being influenced by some random propogandist (Rush Linbaugh or James Carville, insert any name here).

Then when you stop responding the attacks get really ugly with a smug, "I am right because you're not responding anymore"!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM

What gets my goat is when somebody says something insulting and you ask for them to elaborate because it made no sense then they don't respond back at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting armywifey26:

What gets my goat is when somebody says something insulting and you ask for them to elaborate because it made no sense then they don't respond back at all. 

Or when you want to make sure what they meant and then they tell you you're too stupid to get it?!

WTF?

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I don't argue with them. If they start calling me names I inform them I don't care to discuss things with a two year old. If they want to discuss it and not call me names I'm game.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Or when you are perfectly calm and they will always reply with "Calm down". As if disagreeing with them makes you irrationally psychotic 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Quoting armywifey26:

Or when you are perfectly calm and they will always reply with "Calm down". As if disagreeing with them makes you irrationally psychotic 

you're wrong, therefore nuts!

lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Quoting wkukid:

I don't argue with them. If they start calling me names I inform them I don't care to discuss things with a two year old. If they want to discuss it and not call me names I'm game.

i enjoy messing with them with this term:

Ad hominem

that really fucks 'em up :)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM

ugg, I have. I sometimes just say things like "whatever, this is me attempting the last word, not to have the last word but to get the point across that I think you want the last word and anything you say after this, is just proof" sometimes it shuts them up.. other times I get called names. a girl just can't have a non cm approved opinion these days :P

Neuro
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I stop taking people seriously once they start thowing out insults. One can be honest and polite at the same time. I find rudeness and insults to be childish and when it comes to childishness, it's not worth it for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Quoting bustybee:

ugg, I have. I sometimes just say things like "whatever, this is me attempting the last word, not to have the last word but to get the point across that I think you want the last word and anything you say after this, is just proof" sometimes it shuts them up.. other times I get called names. a girl just can't have a non cm approved opinion these days :P

And even then it's a shot in the dark as to what that opinion may be *crazy eyes

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Oh gawd I know. one day its "you must be a circ'er" then the next "circ-ing is bad, you can't be a vax-er" its like highschool, but not having to go to class

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

And even then it's a shot in the dark as to what that opinion may be *crazy eyes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)