Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update pg 2 my one day old son was just taken to the nicu.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He's been having a hard time breathing through his nose all day. They took him back for weight and just came and told us they were keeping him and we could go back in a half hour. They have to start a heploc and hey chest xrays. I'm so worried. I can't stop crying.

they just brought him back to me!!!! Omg. I'm so relieved. I just got done pumping for him, too.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:52 AM
4 moms liked this

UGH!!! I HATE this response. Just because YOU wouldn't be here looking for support doesn't mean its wrong for someone else too. They told her she could come back in 30 minutes. She had a baby a day ago. Maybe walking is not that easy right now. Maybe she just wants to hear its ok. Instead of questioning her, how about just saying you are sorry? Have a heart woman.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

and your on cm why? I would be pacing and hunting docs and nurses for answers.

Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:53 AM

:-( (((HUGS)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Yes, 39w 1d

Quoting Karasfirst:

My DD spent 30 days in the NICU, but she was born at 34 weeks. Was he full term?

Karasfirst
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Sometimes they just have a hard time learning to breath. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, 39w 1d

Quoting Karasfirst:

My DD spent 30 days in the NICU, but she was born at 34 weeks. Was he full term?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Sorry mama,my son was born at 30 weeks and was in NICU for almost three months,it was the hardest thing in my life,now he is happy,healthy and will be 17 in three days. I am hoping for nothing but good things for your family. I am sure everything will be fine. Keep your head up.

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:59 AM

He will get the best care. Keep us updated and good luck with everything. I'd be a wreck too but I'm sure they will get the issue taken care of!

raven1114
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Prayers that he gets well soon. My youngest spent 2 weeks in the NICU and now she's a healthy, happy, energetic 3 year old.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM

huggingMomma,I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how frightening this must be for you. Please let us know how he is doing but,updating the post.

Lord,watch over this precious little one of yours and show the doctors what they need to see,give them the knowledge needed to take care of this little one and his parents. Give the doctors andnurses gentle words when they talk to Mom and Dad. Wrap Mom,Dad and baby in the comfort of your loving arms and give them peace. 

livric
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:17 AM

hope he gets better soon mama!!!  HUGS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:31 AM
I had to get a shot to calm me down. They are talking about transferring him to the next big city, since what they have here on base isn't even considered a nicu. It's just a nursery. The first sweet of xrays came back cloudy, so they're taking more. I'm such a wreck. I can't be released until the morning, so i can't even go with him. I feel sick to my stomach. They said it's probably just a build up of amniotic fluid from birth, but they can't tell me for sure yet, because the pedi hadn't given a diagnosis yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)