Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If slavery of Africans/African-Americans were still legal in the US...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies

Poll

Question: If slavery of African and African-descended people in the United States were still legal, would you support it?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 198

View Results

The story going around about the man from Idaho calling a child in pain "n----- baby" and slapping him made me think about racism (yes, I know we're not allowed to say racism here without someone yelling about reverse anti-white bias or that there's no such thing and is an excuse/cop out /whatever now, here's lookin' at you) and how much still exists.

To what extent, though?

Vote and/or respond anonymously then bump, please.

*Edited the title for even "white slavery" screamin' dipshits to understand the question.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:08 AM
6 moms liked this

You do know that whites were enslaved too right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:08 AM
5 moms liked this

We're off to a great start, aren't we?

Quoting Anonymous:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:10 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm sure this is going to get ugly. No I would not support any kind of slavery.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That guy was also a massively drunk person.  No excuse for his behavior, but there were so many other ways you could have taken this.  LOL

I would probably be one of the ones helping them to escape. 

unspecified42
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM
8 moms liked this
I would support slavery, but not of Africans or African Americans. I vote that instead of jail time you get enclaves for however long they set your sentence. Free labor, and I bet it would reduce crime dramatically!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Well... it's like people only know about Black slavery, you tottally dis-regarded the fact that whites we're enslaved too,

Quoting Anonymous:

We're off to a great start, aren't we?

Quoting Anonymous:

sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:12 AM
3 moms liked this

She didn't ask about white slaves. She asked about black slaves. If you want a thread about white slaves, make one.

Racism is still rampant from all walks and races of life. Anyone who says it's not is blind or kidding themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I don't support Slavery of any kind, including sex slaves, but there are still many types that are seen as ok in different cultures around the world. And it is sad. I think the culture in the USA are too hung up on slavery in the early 1900s and back. And ppl in the USA aren't as concerned with the constant Slavery that is going on around the world today including what is going on in our own backyard such as sexual slavery. Along with the slaves in Africa who are forced to mine diamonds along with women in the Middle East who have no rights other than to basically serve their husbands. Among others places in the world today that various from of slavery constantly happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Fine... But... Why be specific? Why mention Blacks, why not just say slavery? I don't want a thread about any race, Racism probably wouldn't be such a big issue if people wernt so focused on the blacks being enslaved etc etc

Quoting sucker4myloves:

She didn't ask about white slaves. She asked about black slaves. If you want a thread about white slaves, make one.

Racism is still rampant from all walks and races of life. Anyone who says it's not is blind or kidding themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:16 AM
3 moms liked this

BRILLIANT!

Castrate all sex offenders against children and turn them into slaves. I love it. Finally they will be of some use to society. 

Quoting unspecified42:

I would support slavery, but not of Africans or African Americans. I vote that instead of jail time you get enclaves for however long they set your sentence. Free labor, and I bet it would reduce crime dramatically!

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN