Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else on a 3rd shift??

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband works 3rd shift so the whole family is on it. We dont go to bed til about 5am and dont wake up till 3pm. I dont feel like this is "normal" mommy sleep habits. Anyone else on a 3rd shift?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
sturrfryy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:07 AM

I don't mean to, but my DS always wants to stay up to see his dad when he comes home, so thats how we got to this point. I've gotten me and my son on a 1st many times and we always revert back to this. it sucks

Quoting unspecified42:

I work nights but I don't make it a family affair. Lol. I'm at work right now

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:12 AM
I work third shift. I love it
JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:13 AM
I work 10pm-10am Fri and Sat nights and sleep from about 1pm-6pm Sat and Sun but have a regular sleep schedule on weekdays as do the kids. Hubby leaves for work at 4am Mon -Fri so his sleep schedule is different than everyone's. We had neighbors once that used to ask when anyone slept at our house because everyone seems to rotate around each other and our lights almost never go out lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I work doubles from 11pm to noon . I dont go to sleep until 6pm because I spend time with my husband until he goes to work which is 230 pm and then I stay awake for until my kids come home from school and I go to bed at 6pm. From 6-10pm I sleep. I know it's only 4 hours but I've gotten used to it so in the weekends I'm off and I go to sleep at 6pm and don't get up until 5am. That's where I catch up most of the time:) my family has a normal sleeping patern.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Good luck with that.
I worked 3red shift for a year. It took a couple months to get used to being on days.

Quoting sturrfryy:

Well we only have one kid, he is almost 17 months so it's  not a big deal right now because I am a SAHM. But when he goes to school i'll have to change our sleeping habits.

Quoting jendigme:

How do u handle that with ur kids? How old are they do u mind me asking?

jendigme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:30 AM
That would be really hard unless u homeschooled later. I only work three days a week in a row, so I just fo back to my norm afterward

Quoting sturrfryy:

Well we only have one kid, he is almost 17 months so it's  not a big deal right now because I am a SAHM. But when he goes to school i'll have to change our sleeping habits.

Quoting jendigme:

How do u handle that with ur kids? How old are they do u mind me asking?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM

I work thirds but the rest of my family is on a normal sleep schedule.

littlesippycup
Dating Naked is hilarious!!
Today at 1:12 AM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:55 AM

We did that when DS was a little guy. I worked third shift on weekends, and DH worked second shift and was off two days during the week. Y'all have time to fix it. I would start about in a year.

Neuro
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM

DH and I are on third shift right now, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. We hope to get better hours after we finish school.

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I work 3rd shift, my DH works 6p-6a two of his four shifts a week.  We function on normal people schedule.  Some days it means less sleep for us but it works.

(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)