Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

good wrap/carrier

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
I need helo finding a good wrap or carrier for my 19mnths 29lbs baby boy. i cant afford much but i need one badly. he likes being carried and is really frieghtened of new surroundings. Plus i walk to pick up my kiddos every day which is a twenty min walk there and another twenty min back. i had a stroller but dh left it in the bed of hus truck and it got all gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM
I would use an ergo or moby wrap
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:15 AM
I have both ergo and Moby. Moby is cheaper. I got my ergo fron a friend and use it for my 32lbs 2 yr old. Good luck.
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
But I would look at a childrens consignment/thrift store or craigslist to get them cheaper. Baby bjorn is another one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would use an ergo or moby wrap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I like the sleepy wrap. The mob wrap likely wouldn't be a good option because he weighs so much and its quite stretchy (not in a good way for you, for newborns its awesome).

I would recommend something that gives you and option to anchor around the waist for better weigh distribution and support for your back.

ETA: Sorry I hit the reply button too soon. I was going to say look for a woven wrap to given him better support as he grows.
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I was looking at amazon for a mei tai. would that work? i dont want to spend too much if i dont know if ds will like it. im hoping he will since im always carrying him anyways

Quoting bellawomen:

I like the sleepy wrap. The mob wrap likely wouldn't be a good option because he weighs so much and its quite stretchy (not in a good way for you, for newborns its awesome).

I would recommend something that gives you and option to anchor around the waist for better weigh distribution and support for your back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM
I hear great things about them. I am personally a plus size mom, so wraps worked best for me so I know more about wraps. But its also been about 7 years since I have used one.

Quoting sadeyez11:

I was looking at amazon for a mei tai. would that work? i dont want to spend too much if i dont know if ds will like it. im hoping he will since im always carrying him anyways

Quoting bellawomen:

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Oh im plus size too. im so confused by all the different carriers. i just know the cheap ones from walmart are no good.

Quoting bellawomen:

I hear great things about them. I am personally a plus size mom, so wraps worked best for me so I know more about wraps. But its also been about 7 years since I have used one.

Quoting sadeyez11:

Quoting bellawomen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Not sure I personally won't carry my child at that weight in a carrier. I know lots if Moms will so I hope they can help you find the right carrier for you. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Well I've tried the K'tan, returned it because it just didn't feel right and got an Ergo, my LO lives when we use it, he falls asleep every single time hes in it!
bigmessylife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:59 AM
If you don't have a big budget then stay away from wraps. A mei tai should fit your needs and your budget. An Infantino mei tai will run you about $30-$35 new and it works just as well as the more expensive brands.

Edit: Moby, sleepy wrap, and k'tan are cheaper wraps but they are not meant for a 29 lb baby. They start to stretch and sag once your baby hits 15 lbs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)