Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

idk what to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies

I have no idea what to do, ds wants his friend to sleep over but dh doesnt want him to. his reasons are crazy. the kid is from the projects and dh doesn't like that. he said we need to know the parents and he isnt sure he wants to mingle with people like that. he doesnt mind that ds is friends with the kid, he just said that the parents are probably scum and he that if ds wants to sleep over there he would never ever approve of it. from what i have seen, the kid is really good and ds gets on well with him. but dh is concerned about the parents and where the kid is from

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

BUMP!

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

So set up a meeting between parents to set your husbands mind at ease.

Photo: -Randi.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM

So go meet his parents then.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
6 moms liked this

Your husband seems like an idiot. Not everyone that lives in federal housing is scum. A lot of them are single mothers that are going through a rough time and needed some help. I have a good friend whose boyfriend left her when she was pregnant and she works a good 50-60 hours a week to make ends meet for her and her child. She's hardly scum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Thats what I said but he doesnt want them to think that we are going to be friends...which is stupid IMO, what if they are not all trashy and what if they are just really nice people. he isnt buying it. the projects the kid lives in, DH used to work there like 6 years ago and he said the entire place is filled to the brim with trash that he doesnt want us associating with, its fucked up.

Quoting brettsmomma:

So set up a meeting between parents to set your husbands mind at ease.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

my husband is far from an idiot, he happened to work at these particular projects years ago and said that pretty much everyone that was in there was drug addict, partying trash that couldnt even keep an eye on their kids.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Your husband seems like an idiot. Not everyone that lives in federal housing is scum. A lot of them are single mothers that are going through a rough time and needed some help. I have a good friend whose boyfriend left her when she was pregnant and she works a good 50-60 hours a week to make ends meet for her and her child. She's hardly scum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I said that too, but apparently DH has already made up his mind

Quoting Miller0305:

So go meet his parents then.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Gotta love it. I'm just saying, not everyone who falls on hard times is scum. I get that most are, but not all.

Quoting Anonymous:

my husband is far from an idiot, he happened to work at these particular projects years ago and said that pretty much everyone that was in there was drug addict, partying trash that couldnt even keep an eye on their kids.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know, there is boy my DS gets along with really well but his family is crazy, and we would never allow DS to spend the night there, but the boy is welcomed here anytime.
I don't care to expose my DS to their lifestyle or their teens who smoke and talk about sex freely. I don't think it's bad to be cautious of the company your child would be in.
However... Even some of the most straight laced people on the outside have horrible secrets in the home, so it's best to get to know the other parents and then make a decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:55 AM

You must live near enough to the" trashy projects" for the kids to go to school together-so what is the big deal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)