Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

idk what to do

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have no idea what to do, ds wants his friend to sleep over but dh doesnt want him to. his reasons are crazy. the kid is from the projects and dh doesn't like that. he said we need to know the parents and he isnt sure he wants to mingle with people like that. he doesnt mind that ds is friends with the kid, he just said that the parents are probably scum and he that if ds wants to sleep over there he would never ever approve of it. from what i have seen, the kid is really good and ds gets on well with him. but dh is concerned about the parents and where the kid is from

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (71-80):
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Your dh is an idiot. A person living in the projects is low income. It does not mean they are scum. Scum does not discriminate based on income. Some of the scummiest people on earth can be found in the richest neighborhoods in the world: Bernie Madoff, Bin Laden, the Columbine killers, Ted Bundy, etc. Honestly, what is your dh teaching your kids? Is he teaching them to judge a person by their wallet? I am low income. I do not live in the projects, but I am definitely low income. Why? A series of illnesses and life threatening disease landed me on disability. My sons are wonderful and I am thankful that they made friends in spite of our economics. I have a college degree and have never been in trouble with the law. Your husband can be missing out on knowing some remarkable people and keeping his son from appreciating people based on their own merits. 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I agree with both of you.

I wouldn't want my kids hanging out with kids who's parents were scum. I have told my children they couldn't play with certain kids outside of school for that reason.
I don't care if people think I'm an ass or not. They are my children.

Quoting Anonymous:

i wanted valid advice not a bunch of bitches bashing my husband. i never i said i thought the parents were scum, dh said that the people that lived out there were scum and the parents may fall into that particular grouping. we want the best for our kids even if that means keeping a close eye on the kids he wants to play with and their parents. there is nothing wrong with that at all. is dh a being a bit judgey before he meets them? absolutely. put yourself in his shoes: he has worked there, he has seen the types that live out there and the stories he would tell, um hello nightmare. I am all for inviting these people over so i can meet them and see for myself. dh really does not want to. how was I changing my story? I wasnt it. not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

You are not setting a very good example for your son. Now you are agreeing with your snob husband so why even post at all? Once you started getting bashed you changed your story.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stressed-mom
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Well i still say you n your husband r judging. Understsnd im from the projectsi have a great family full of very professional people that came from the projects. And guess WHAT these suburb area bhind those doors r more dangerous. I have seen more things happen n this neghibor than n the projects and if the kids r already friends then yall should have already now the parents.BUT ANYWAY OPEN YOUR MIND N YOUR HEART
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

She is not agreeing with your husband. Your husband refuses to meet them.

Quoting Anonymous:

THANK YOU! finally someone that isnt downing my husband

Quoting Pnukey:

Meet the parents. . . . I wouldn't let a friend over if I didn't know the parents were good people. I agree with your DH on this one.

stressed-mom
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I agree with it all!!!!! Your totally right

Quoting tossed:

Your dh is an idiot. A person living in the projects is low income. It does not mean they are scum. Scum does not discriminate based on income. Some of the scummiest people on earth can be found in the richest neighborhoods in the world: Bernie Madoff, Bin Laden, the Columbine killers, Ted Bundy, etc. Honestly, what is your dh teaching your kids? Is he teaching them to judge a person by their wallet? I am low income. I do not live in the projects, but I am definitely low income. Why? A series of illnesses and life threatening disease landed me on disability. My sons are wonderful and I am thankful that they made friends in spite of our economics. I have a college degree and have never been in trouble with the law. Your husband can be missing out on knowing some remarkable people and keeping his son from appreciating people based on their own merits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

they are friends in school. the parents have never been to the school at all so i have never even seen them. this is the first time my son has asked for this kid to sleep over so no, we've never met them.

Quoting stressed-mom:

Well i still say you n your husband r judging. Understsnd im from the projectsi have a great family full of very professional people that came from the projects. And guess WHAT these suburb area bhind those doors r more dangerous. I have seen more things happen n this neghibor than n the projects and if the kids r already friends then yall should have already now the parents.BUT ANYWAY OPEN YOUR MIND N YOUR HEART

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

why does the kid need to sleep over?  I never understood this sleepover thing.  My kid never did it thankfully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

again with your lack of reading comprehension. she said that agrees with my dh on this one.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

She is not agreeing with your husband. Your husband refuses to meet them.

Quoting Anonymous:

THANK YOU! finally someone that isnt downing my husband

Quoting Pnukey:

Meet the parents. . . . I wouldn't let a friend over if I didn't know the parents were good people. I agree with your DH on this one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

lol idk, they want to have a sleep over. I used to go to sleep overs all the time when i was younger and even threw many sleep over parties at my parents house. they are just fun

Quoting Anonymous:

why does the kid need to sleep over?  I never understood this sleepover thing.  My kid never did it thankfully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM

i'd side on your dh with this.  It isnt needed, they can be friends without it.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol idk, they want to have a sleep over. I used to go to sleep overs all the time when i was younger and even threw many sleep over parties at my parents house. they are just fun

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)