Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate my family

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 12 Replies
Today my grandma is getting the family together to do a baby shower sorta thing for me. I don't even wanna go.
The rest of my family just found out both my sisters are pregnant too, which will be the drama of the party. Yay! Then my mom texted me saying are we doing the shower I really wanna sleep. Which tells me she got fucked up last night. I texted her back and said mom I don't give a shit if you come or not. It's just irritating that we can't get together without a million excuses and a bunch of drama. I would rather just stay home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Good luck!
annie6884
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
So you are worried that the shower wont be about you? Because that is how it sounds to me.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm irritated that it's gonna be drama. Obviously a shower is supposed to be about me. But if it's not I'd rather the focus be on something happy not drama. And my feelings are hurt that my mom had to get fucked up last night of all fuckin nights.

Quoting annie6884:

So you are worried that the shower wont be about you? Because that is how it sounds to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate mine too. I won't go into it but they are just idiots. Just brain dead.

fallenstars
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM
No a baby shower is about the baby. The baby gets gifts etc not you.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I'm irritated that it's gonna be drama. Obviously a shower is supposed to be about me. But if it's not I'd rather the focus be on something happy not drama. And my feelings are hurt that my mom had to get fucked up last night of all fuckin nights.

Quoting annie6884:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Fine. But instead it'll be about how my 19yo sister is pregnant and how my mom never comes to shit because of drugs.

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting annie6884:

fallenstars
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Then be a whinny bitch and don't go. Be thankful your having a shower at all. Some people don't even have the family to throw one for them. Take what is given with the mind frame of they didn't have to be there. They didn't have to give you or your child the time of day. You sound like a childish ungrateful person imho

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Fine. But instead it'll be about how my 19yo sister is pregnant and how my mom never comes to shit because of drugs.

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting annie6884:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
First off, a baby shower is about BOTH, and since the baby is in utero, mom gets the attention. Second, someone hasn't had their coffee yet, imho.

Quoting fallenstars:

Then be a whinny bitch and don't go. Be thankful your having a shower at all. Some people don't even have the family to throw one for them. Take what is given with the mind frame of they didn't have to be there. They didn't have to give you or your child the time of day. You sound like a childish ungrateful person imho

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting annie6884:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Forreal. I'm grateful as hell, just don't feel like dealing with the drama on a day that's supposed to be happy. And my mom, well she just sucks.

Quoting TarantulaTress:

First off, a baby shower is about BOTH, and since the baby is in utero, mom gets the attention. Second, someone hasn't had their coffee yet, imho.

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting annie6884:

fallenstars
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
It's a BABY shower....not a baby mommy shower. Mommy Jang getting clothes or blankets or a cake etc. She crying because someone might say something that doesn't pertain to her 100%. What is she going to cry about next that someone might talk about the weather and it doesn't suit her. Nobody HAS to throw her a shower nobody HAS to even be thee or give her any attention. She should be happy she's getting anything.

Quoting TarantulaTress:

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting fallenstars:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting annie6884:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN