Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF? Anyone else??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

New Jersey USA (New York City/Metro area of jersey) Since about mid afternoon yesterday, my cell reception has gone all crazy. I usually get perfect reception in my home. I can talk anywhere no problem. But since yesterday my cell phone cant pick up a signal for some reason. I am also having trouble with my internet (clearspot wifi router). I cant make any calls from my apartment and i am not receiving any. If i happen to get a brief signal to make a call, it takes forever to connect. When it does the call goes in and out with a little static then drops. People have also been telling me that they are trying to call and have left voice mails, but my phone never rings and i never get the messages. Texts are also delayed. There was no damage to the phone, it was not dropped or wet or anything. We just started having issues by around 4-5pm and by late evening/midnight it was worse.

There is also serious lag in my wifi. The connection keeps getting lost and when it is up, it takes forever to load the pages.

Now i am currently on my office computer and seem to be having syncing and updating issues with our GPS tracking software. It keeps freezing, getting stuck and going blank when it attempts to update. Causing my system to slow. It will work fine for a few, then lag and freeze. When i close the program it gets better, but still has a little delay. My work computer has a ethernet connection to the modem and server. So no wifi here.

My friend is having cell phone reception issues since yesterday as well.

Could it be from the asteroid? I mean everything was great and normal, then all of a sudden BAM!! wtf?

Any one else experiencing similar issues?

I thought it might just be a tower down or something in my area. But my searches this morning came up with NIL. I also searched if it was asteroid related, but still got nothing. And my friend has a different mobile carrier as well as my office which is 20 min away. And the wifi is another provider called Clearspot. Is it all just a coincidence? Or do you think maybe a satellite got damaged or something?

Also if you are having issues, where are you located?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My phone is fine...net is always slow and spotty here.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this
It's more than likely from the asteroid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katiekiwi
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM

weird... just last night a few of my friends were complaining about the same thing... but my cell phone and internet are working just fine... (we live in your area)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM

My cell phones/internet are fine today. Last night the internet was acting weird but that happens every once in awhile ever since the hurricane.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Yeah not every one is experiencing it. My sil and friend all have perfect cell reception and full bars. And no issues with internet. Maybe it was a specific satelite that was for a few different providers and internet carriers or something. IDK .. but its really really annoying. I can get a little better reception if i walk down the block and stand out side. but AINT NO BODY GOT TIME FO THAT!

Quoting katiekiwi:

weird... just last night a few of my friends were complaining about the same thing... but my cell phone and internet are working just fine... (we live in your area)

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Mine works fine. I am in nh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN