Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No kids at a baby shower?*edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 322 Replies
My friend was baby sitting my son last night and he came home all upset because she said he couldn't go to her baby shower today. I text her assuming it was a misunderstanding and she texted back. "We'll it's supposed to be no kids" mean while her daughter will be there and it's at my fil house.

My sister had no idea it was no kids either. It didn't say anything on the invitation. Now my sister doesn't want to go. She works all week and her weekends are with her kids. She doesn't want to ditch them. So I'm driving my other friend there and asked her if she knew it was no kids and she's all upset now trying to find a babysitter.

Should I just say screw it and bring the kids or not go? Does this seem rude to anyone else

I'm not against mommy time. I wish she had said something before hand so I could of found a baby sitter
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I would. If you weren't told you weren't told
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I just wouldn't go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
9 moms liked this
I can understand her wanting that, BUT the person who sent out the invites should have given the attendees notice.

I'd bring my kids.
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
If it wasnt on the invite take the kids.
Braydens..Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally get the no kids thing, but it should have been on the invite. I would call and explain that you werent given enough notice, so unfortunately you wont be able to make it.
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
6 moms liked this

No, it isn't rude.

If you can't find a babysitter, don't go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
The shower was supposed to be last weekend but because of the blizzard it was canceled and no one was told the new date either

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand her wanting that, BUT the person who sent out the invites should have given the attendees notice.

I'd bring my kids.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I would tell her it was not specified and no one has a babysitter.
livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Hate when people bring their kids to babyshowers. It is always such a distraction. It's fine if it is 1 or 2 children, but that always makes other people think that it's okay to bring their kids.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
38 moms liked this

OMgosh.  Doesn't anyone understand etiquette, anymore?  If your kids weren't ON the invite, they're NOT invited.  It is assumed that the invite was sent to the person (the only person) that is invited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)