Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pay it forward?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night my boyfriend, my son and I went out for a late Vday dinner. When we got there my son was asleep from the car ride, but we grabbed a high chair anyway for when he woke up. Apparently the restaurant only had 2, so we took the last one. After we ordered, a woman came in with like 6 kids. They were all different ages and one of them was probably about 18 months. Since there weren't anymore high chairs she grabbed a booster and put her son in it in his seat. That poor baby fell out of his booster and hit the floor. Those floors were concrete! I felt soo bad for him. Since my son was still asleep, and we were sitting in a booth, I gave the woman my high chair and I was just going to put my son in a booster in the booth next to me.

Shortly after this happened, the waitress came up to our table and told us our meals were completely paid for by a couple that had just left. I was speechless! Nothing like that ever happens to us. I'm gonna use it though, and do this for someone else at some point. :)

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Nice. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rebeccadac
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

That was a great unexpected treat!~ And how nice of you to help that family however small to you was big to them! Karma has a way! So nice to hear good things happen to good people!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
That was so sweet, it's the little acts of kindness that mean the most. I hope their baby's ok.
ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Wow, that was totally selfless and awesome of both you! I believe in karma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jcothrine
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i like to do nice things for people sometimes too.. that is awesome you guys got a free Valentine's dinner.. hope you do find a way to pay it forward....

kindness is so rare these days and so precious...

JC

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
How kind of you all around. I go out with only three kids by myself all the time (dh works nights) and my expereince is sometimes less than great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myhandsomelove
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
:-)
NewInChrist
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
That's awesome! :)
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
This :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That was so sweet, it's the little acts of kindness that mean the most. I hope their baby's ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM

There are a few things that weird me out about this story. If my baby fell out of a booster chair and hit the concrete floor, I would not be sticking around to eat my dinner. Next, I'm sure your great and all and you did a good thing, but I think its pretty expected that if someone isn't even using something that belongs to a restaurant and someone else needs it for the protection of their child, that they would give it to them. I don't see why you didn't give it to them when they first walked in the door if you weren't even using it. I think its sad that its seen as going above and beyond to do something that should simply just be done. But pay it forward.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured