Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone with 8863 educational credits actually get past accepted?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

I received an email that said my return was accepted on 2/14, and that it was in the processing stage but to expect my return by 3/6.   Anyone actually make it to the second bar om WMR or get a real deposit date?  Just wondering, at the 48 hour point of acceptance, hoping maybe something will change after 72 hours.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

wha??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Nope I am in the same boat. Accepted but still processing, with no date
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I think the site is full of shit. We filed the 24th, got accepted/processing on the 30th and today it was no bar, it just said its still processing and a refund will be posted soon. I had a partial school credit, but never was emailed about any delays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Thanks for the info, I am soooo afraid of it going up for review and getting it months from now.

Quoting Anonymous:

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I don't have that credit BUT I filed the 31st and I received it yesterday!

rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have the same thing. Some of the education credits aren't being processed until the beginning of march. Mine says to expect refund around march 7th. It also says accepted on the irs website
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I read online that you can go to the IRS website and request a transcript to possibly get a deposit date.  It will only let you request one if your return is done or maybe close to it.  Some say it is true, some say if you are up for review it will still show the deposite date.  This sucks!

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

I think the site is full of shit. We filed the 24th, got accepted/processing on the 30th and today it was no bar, it just said its still processing and a refund will be posted soon. I had a partial school credit, but never was emailed about any delays.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Thank you for posting this because I am in the same boat and, no, we have not gotten to the second stage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Try requesting a transcript. I have seen several people here and on my FB, say that they requsted a transcript, and they went from processing to processed and deposited over night. They actually got their money the next day.

Unfortunately the irs website hates me, and wont let me request a transcript for some reason, so I cant try it lol

Eta: I just saw you already posted about the transcript thing lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the info, I am soooo afraid of it going up for review and getting it months from now.

Quoting Anonymous:

jteffs
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Me too. Accepted, but no date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)